Replies

• britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Ew!
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with the girl in the lower picture, I think she's beautiful. she's actually showing her face and smiling, where as all these muscle toned people cut their heads out of the picture or seem to hide their face, like it's too personal. I'd rather see a face then a body, she looks friendly and approachable and confident. the people in the top picture who are looking at themselves, to me at least, look as if they would rather ogle themselves like Narcissus.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What's really amazing is that the fit woman is being called disgusting, manly, gross, etc. whilst the overweight woman is being called beautiful. When did this shift happen? Both women are beautiful, but one is fit and one is not. That's the only real difference between them. I am working on having a body closer to that of the fit woman.

I agree that the top pair got there through hard work and dedication, but disagree that the bottom woman got there through laziness and gluttony. There are so many different things that lead to one being overweight/obese including medical conditions.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    And, here we go...
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    What's really amazing is that the fit woman is being called disgusting, manly, gross, etc. whilst the overweight woman is being called beautiful. When did this shift happen? Both women are beautiful, but one is fit and one is not. That's the only real difference between them. I am working on having a body closer to that of the fit woman.

I agree that the top pair got there through hard work and dedication, but disagree that the bottom woman got there through laziness and gluttony. There are so many different things that lead to one being overweight/obese including medical conditions.

Surprised you could read it, seems to have uploaded in awful quality.

How could you disagree? it isn't known if she has these "medical conditions" and it is far far more likely she doesn't.
    At most you could say she possibly has a medical condition, though the fact that she basically put her over-weight life story in that post and didn't mention one makes me believe the former.
  • Perplexities
    Options
    I have no problem with the girl in the lower picture, I think she's beautiful. she's actually showing her face and smiling, where as all these muscle toned people cut their heads out of the picture or seem to hide their face, like it's too personal. I'd rather see a face then a body, she looks friendly and approachable and confident. the people in the top picture who are looking at themselves, to me at least, look as if they would rather ogle themselves like Narcissus.

tumblr_m0izxoB0w51qfczas_zpsaf1c1611.gif
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Just out of curiosity are trying to set a record for how often one can use the same gif in a day? If so you've got along way to go, it's 98 just so you know.
  • LeakieChan
    LeakieChan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not upset, I was just stating my opinion, like you asked. I'm a sucker for a friendly smile.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    What are we supposed to be discussing? That someone used a photo of a smiling, seemingly happy, pretty young woman as an excuse to be a Summer's Eve?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    People are too quick to judge. I would not personally like to look like the girl in the top picture, but I am not going to sit here and call her gross or manly or any of those things, because she worked hard to have that body.

I am also not going to call the girl in the bottom pic gross or disgusting, because who knows, she may have worked hard to get where she is now, even. Or maybe it's a before picture. Or maybe, just maybe, she's okay with looking the way she does, and she should be, because she's beautiful. She could be 400 pounds and I still wouldn't think "ew", if you have the confidence to take half naked pictures, more power to ya.
  • Perplexities
    Options

Just out of curiosity are trying to set a record for how often one can use the same gif in a day? If so you've got along way to go, it's 98 just so you know.

Are you trying to set a record for most in the Mirror selfies? if so, you don't have a long way to go. :laugh:
    434762395348125738166547_zpsd9cf7bc2.gif
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options

How could you disagree? it isn't known if she has these "medical conditions" and it is far far more likely she doesn't.
    At most you could say she possibly has a medical condition, though the fact that she basically put her over-weight life story in that post and didn't mention one makes me believe the former.

I could have worded my comment better. I cant say that she definitely didn't get there through laziness gluttony, but I was trying to imply that not all overweight people get there that way, and that there are other ways whereas it definitely takes hard work and dedication to maintain a fit body. ^_^
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So this is a discussion on body shaming?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think both women are pretty, although I can't see the face of the woman in the first pic. I don't consider the woman in the bottom to be lazy nor gluttonous.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    They apparently are both happy with themselves, so who cares? I would hang out with a happy person over a "beautiful" person any time.
  • Perplexities
    Options

I could have worded my comment better. I cant say that she definitely didn't get there through laziness gluttony, but I was trying to imply that not all overweight people get there that way, and that there are other ways whereas it definitely takes hard work and dedication to maintain a fit body. ^_^

that's definitely true, but the vast majority do.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

well, she didn't get a body like that from jogging and salads either.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a little body shaming to get conversation going, amirite?

I think if all three parties are happy with who they are then no one's else's opinion, including mine, matters in the least.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Are you trying to set a record for most in the Mirror selfies? if so, you don't have a long way to go. :laugh:
    434762395348125738166547_zpsd9cf7bc2.gif

Upset? Nah, that would require a **** being given, which it isn't. Nary a one.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Discuss

No. You don't tell me what to do. Discuss it yourself.

EChIZOM.gif