Options
13»

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »
    Flying causes water retention, too. :)

And this opinion is going to be highly unpopular here, but I don't care.
    Give yourself a break- You were on vacation. In London! Eat some fish & chips, have a beer, eat a scone, do some walking sightseeing and having fun. You'll get a little too much salt and fat, and when you look at back London, hopefully you'll remember fabulous adventures in one of the worlds most incredible historic cities, and not that you were hungry and sad that you didn't try some of the food.
    This is change for life, remember. If you're too busy worrying about how many calories you ate or how many steps you walked to stop and watch the crows at the Tower, then what kind of memories did you really make? Four pounds, most of which is probably water and will dissipate in a few days of getting back to your routine, is really not much in exchange for memories that will last a lifetime. :)

Not sure why you even said that. You're right about giving yourself a break while on vacation. I don't know too many here that would disagree with that.

Yeah, I mean MFP is like "A couple of days is no big deal, try to actually live ur life while you lose weight" central.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    fearluna wrote: »

Give yourself a break- You were on vacation. In London! Eat some fish & chips, have a beer, eat a scone, do some walking sightseeing and having fun. You'll get a little too much salt and fat, and when you look at back London, hopefully you'll remember fabulous adventures in one of the worlds most incredible historic cities, and not that you were hungry and sad that you didn't try some of the food.
    This is change for life, remember. If you're too busy worrying about how many calories you ate or how many steps you walked to stop and watch the crows at the Tower, then what kind of memories did you really make? Four pounds, most of which is probably water and will dissipate in a few days of getting back to your routine, is really not much in exchange for memories that will last a lifetime. :)

This is lovely and true. I saw all of that. Though I was creeped out they feed the crows blood soaked biscuits lol but youre right. I had an amazing time and I shouldn't worry about the weight. :smiley:

We do what now?

Who told you that?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    It's because you ate more than you were burning. Of course all those dinners count. How much do you think walking really burns? Not nearly enough to cover a heavy dinner every single night.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    LOL just realised you meant the Ravens at The Tower

Well if your whole country will fall if they fly away you'd feed them meat and blood too ;)
  • fearluna
    fearluna Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

This is lovely and true. I saw all of that. Though I was creeped out they feed the crows blood soaked biscuits lol but youre right. I had an amazing time and I shouldn't worry about the weight. :smiley:

We do what now?

Who told you that?

I read it on the donation sign box at the tower
  • fearluna
    Options
    LOL just realised you meant the Ravens at The Tower

Well if your whole country will fall if they fly away you'd feed them meat and blood too ;)

Im sorry, yes Ravens not crows.

I can't say you're not a dedicated bunch of people
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    8 miles for a 155 lb person nets about 375 calories burned. That isn't hard to wipe out with a single meal and drinks.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    By the way and just out of interest

You know a medium skinny latte is about 100 cals... You used a plural so I assume 2 or 3 = 300
    Your breakfast of toast, butter and jam (cmon you know that wasn't jelly :)) was probably around 350
    Your breakfast bar =190
    Fish and chips = 1600
    Couple of pints of lager = 360

So about 2800 without odds and ends on top

Mounts up doesn't it :)
  • fearluna
    edited February 2016
    Options

You know a medium skinny latte is about 100 cals... You used a plural so I assume 2 or 3 = 300
    Your breakfast of toast, butter and jam (cmon you know that wasn't jelly :)) was probably around 350
    Your breakfast bar =190
    Fish and chips = 1600

well its be more like

day one

1 skinny latte
    1 breakfast bar
    1 fish and chips
    1 hefeweizen

day two

1 tea with milk and sugar (i tried to use fake sugar when I could find it)
    2 slices of toast with jam xD
    1 fish and chips
    1 strongbow

it was basically a variation of that each day

tho the third day was a seafood ramen bowl instead of the fish and chips

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Pasta isn't low calorie
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I think you're over-thinking it. Expecting to lose weight on vacation, even when you're doing a lot of walking, isn't exactly realistic. Things like dehydration, change in routine, fatigue, air travel -- these all can add weight on the scale. And you indulged in foods that probably aren't part of your daily routine -- fried, salty foods, beers, etc. Few people would see a loss in that situation.

I would just get back on plan, get rehydrated, and go from there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Your breakfast bar =190
    Fish and chips = 1600

well its be more like

day one

1 skinny latte
    1 breakfast bar
    1 fish and chips
    1 hefeweizen

day two

1 fish and chips
    1 strongbow

In the first post you said you didn't eat breakfast, only lunch. Now you ate breakfast but not lunch? It doesn't matter to me one whit, and you've gotten lots of good advice and feedback. I just have to quit reading these posts! Lol.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You became an accomplished walker.
  • fearluna
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Your breakfast bar =190
    Fish and chips = 1600

well its be more like

day one

1 skinny latte
    1 breakfast bar
    1 fish and chips
    1 hefeweizen

day two

1 fish and chips
    1 strongbow

In the first post you said you didn't eat breakfast, only lunch. Now you ate breakfast but not lunch? It doesn't matter to me one whit, and you've gotten lots of good advice and feedback. I just have to quit reading these posts! Lol.

well it depends when I got up that day but I either had breakfast or lunch but not both in the same day but the meal was the same either breakfast bar or toast.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    How is this still going? It's 4lbs not 40lbs! Even if it's a gain of 2lbs the world hasn't ended. So you walked a lot, big deal, you also ate some delicious delicious calorie dense food. Forget it and move on.
  • fearluna
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You became an accomplished walker.

Thank you! if only I had the time to keep that up. but sadly back to work :(
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Yes, I meant Ravens! :) (us silly Americans and our bad ornithology)