• jaycich
    jaycich Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    jaycich wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    If the TV is causing you to feel this way then you may need to work on self control. We all see these commercials daily but make the decision not to over eat because we want to reach our goals.
    Pizza and all other treats can be part of a healthy diet but again ,it will take self control.

I disagree, I think pizza's the >:)

Then why would you order something you hate ? That makes no sense at all.
    You created a thread about commercials tempting you but then said you dislike those foods. So it should've bother you so much if you dislike pizza so much ?!
    Get some self control and you won't have to worry about the TV commercials .

No, I like pizza and said it was the >:) because it's not good for you. BTW you're taking this light thread way too seriously.

Why isn't pizza good for you? There are lots of people who track calories, macros, micros, etc that eat pizza in moderation, hit their weight loss goals, are incredibly fit and live happy, healthy lives. There are also a lot of people who come to this site and think that in order to be successful they have to give up all the foods they love, and as such, they either never start, or they are miserable, or they give up because they don't think it is sustainable. People just like to point out that this is not necessarily required.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. I will say that most people don't lose a pound and from looking their deit, it doesn't look good to me. To me it looks like if they follow everything correctly, they drop 2 or so sizes in a half year. I'm only 15 lbs over weight, I'm not even big and I always cut about 10 lbs in just a couple of months. But hey whatever works for you.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    If the TV is causing you to feel this way then you may need to work on self control. We all see these commercials daily but make the decision not to over eat because we want to reach our goals.
    Pizza and all other treats can be part of a healthy diet but again ,it will take self control.

You created a thread about commercials tempting you but then said you dislike those foods. So it should've bother you so much if you dislike pizza so much ?!

No, I like pizza and said it was the >:) because it's not good for you. BTW you're taking this light thread way too seriously.

Why isn't pizza good for you? There are lots of people who track calories, macros, micros, etc that eat pizza in moderation, hit their weight loss goals, are incredibly fit and live happy, healthy lives. There are also a lot of people who come to this site and think that in order to be successful they have to give up all the foods they love, and as such, they either never start, or they are miserable, or they give up because they don't think it is sustainable. People just like to point out that this is not necessarily required.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. I will say that most people don't lose a pound and from looking their deit, it doesn't look good to me. To me it looks like if they follow everything correctly, they drop 2 or so sizes in a half year. I'm only 15 lbs over weight, I'm not even big and I always cut about 10 lbs in just a couple of months. But hey whatever works for you.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that if you eat pizza, you can't lose weight?
  • jaycich
    jaycich Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying that if you eat pizza, you can't lose weight?

I'm saying everyone is different, our bodies are not the same. For me pizza doesn't work. If it works for you then more power to you. Only thing I added was that I see a lot of people fail, but never change their diet.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

I'm saying everyone is different, our bodies are not the same. For me pizza doesn't work. If it works for you then more power to you. Only thing I added was that I see a lot of people fail, but never change their diet.

The people you are referring to, are you talking about people actively trying to lose weight? I lost the weight I set out to lose on MFP and I don't know that a casual observer would think that I changed my diet at all, because I still eat the same foods I ate before, but I eat them in appropriate portions for my calorie goal. I still eat pizza, drink wine, eat chocolate. I just work it into my calories.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    All the freaking commercials for pizza, burgers, cane's chicken, hot wings. This *kitten* is why I can't stop eating junk food!

Turn the TV off and go for a walk?

Every time the commercials come on, get up and go clean a room, do some laundry, do the dishes, lift some weights ...