How much did you lose the first 30 days?

Options

Replies

• SherryChupka
    SherryChupka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a month & lost 15 pounds (217 to 202) with another 50 to my goal (I'm 5'7")
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    16 pounds eating around 1650 calories a day. My 4 week losses for the past 5 months are 16, 6, 8, 3, 3. After that first month I increased my calorie intake for a more sustainable loss, and did so again after the third month. This month looks like it will be around 4 pounds. My biggest weekly loss was my third, which was 6 pounds. I have about 15 pounds to go, and then I'm hitting the weights. I would have done so sooner, but I've been taking this winter to allow an arm injury to heal.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Started at 143, lost 6 lbs first month, weightlifting 2x a week, eating 1450 to 1500.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Around 7_8 lbs. I went from 205 to 197. So around 2 lbs a week which is a much fast weight loss than I was expecting
  • mookiemeg269
    mookiemeg269 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 lbs.... 237 to 223!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    155 was my starting weight, I lost 7 pounds in the first month due to cutting carbs, so most was probably water weight. Now at 142-244 (fluctuations), I am losing about 0.25-0.5 per month. I am not particularly great at weighing my food. When I do, I will lose at 0.25-0.5 per week now.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I wasnt weighing during the first three months but after 3 months I was down 32 pounds according to the doctors scale. So averaging 10lbs per month. I go tomorrow for the first time since the end of December to check the latest progress,
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    1 lb the first month. My starting weight was 156.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    About 5 pounds. It always goes super slow for me.
  • ASN2615
    ASN2615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost 6.5 lbs and 3 inches from my waist!!
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    18lbs but I started at over 300lbs so the first bit came off quickly.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I wasnt weighing during the first three months but after 3 months I was down 32 pounds according to the doctors scale. So averaging 10lbs per month. I go tomorrow for the first time since the end of December to check the latest progress,

Good luck!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Lost 7 pounds before coming here in six weeks of November/December, and about 4.5 pounds last month using MFP. I like it here. I think I'll stay!
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Start at 300 pounds, lost 26 the first month. Second month 7.7
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I gained four lbs my very first month (360lbs) even with diet change and walking. The second month I lost 20lbs.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    7 lbs
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds in my first 31 days. First week I lost a lot, and then averaged 1 pound a week the next three weeks. If I continue at 1 pound a week I'll be very happy.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Before MFP, I lost about 4-5lbs first month. Started MFP and working out, lost nothing for 6 weeks then whoooosh. But I lost about 10 inches all over in those 6 weeks. The scales are a crude measure really.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    9.4 lbs for me. Started tracking faithfully on January 4, weighing 199.4 that morning. On Monday, February 1, weighed in at 190.0. So an average of a little more than 2 lbs a week. It wasn't steady though- there was a week I gained and a week I lost more than I expected. I don't expect every month to be so successful, kind of surprised myself and really saw that tracking every day and being consistent is key.
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the 8 - 12 lb range. So we'll say 10. Went from 180 to roughly 170ish my first month. Ate at 1660 calories with a 'lightly active' setting at 5'8" for a 1lb/week loss. I also worked out on my elliptical 30 min/day and tried to leave 250 - 300 calories 'on the table' at the end of the day.