Soooo....I Have Cancer

Options

Replies

• juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had an almost identical story, infact I checked he hadn't written it!! 18month after surgery and he is doing great, skin graft is good, talking eating, tasting and other tongue functions all good. He didn't need a feed tube and despite battling a lot of tiredness initially he is now back to his first love cycling with a vengeance.
    Best of luck with everything and make sure you look after yourself emotionally and physically.
    Jules xx
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Good luck man! Stay positive no matter what!
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Wishing you the best of luck in the few months to come!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and all the best :flowerforyou:
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Stay strong and follow the Dr's orders (((hugs)))
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thank you again to everyone that has posted in this thread over the past 7 (holy eff.....) months. I truly believe that all of your words have helped get me to where I am right now. :drinker:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Good luck man, you have my thoughts and prayers with you!
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It is not easy, I am 25 and found at 1.5 years ago at 23 that I have cancer and I felt so many emotions, hatred, anger guilt, fear, but mostly confusion and anger. You're right it isn't supposed to happen to young people and I think that was the hardest thing for me to get over is HWY ME, if you ever need to talk I am here
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I just ran across this thread and it brought tears to my eyes. You are such a brave soul. I am so happy that you posted an update....I pray that God continues to bless you!!! Keep us updated on your recovery!!!
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    *kitten* shall be kicked and names taken. you 1 cancer 0
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Update:

I had my 3 month post-radiation PET scan on Wednesday. Initially I was going to go over the results with my ENT in 2 weeks - ugh....really? It was his first available appointment so I prepared myself for a 2 week waiting game, hoping and praying to NOT hear from him sooner...I thought that would only mean things were not good.

I came home from work yesterday afternoon and had a voicemail from his clinic. Crap. My heart started racing and I called them back immediately. The two minutes I was on hold was the longest two minutes I've experienced in quite a while.

Results came back: "Good w/ no abnormal findings" Heyyyyooooo!!!

Thank you again for all the supportive and encouraging words! :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats, may you continue to have good news!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great news! I'll keep a good thought for you and yours.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So, so happy to read this!!
  • foodie589
    foodie589 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope you're going to be okay.
  • foodie589
    foodie589 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great news, and may they continue
    Update:

I had my 3 month post-radiation PET scan on Wednesday. Initially I was going to go over the results with my ENT in 2 weeks - ugh....really? It was his first available appointment so I prepared myself for a 2 week waiting game, hoping and praying to NOT hear from him sooner...I thought that would only mean things were not good.

I came home from work yesterday afternoon and had a voicemail from his clinic. Crap. My heart started racing and I called them back immediately. The two minutes I was on hold was the longest two minutes I've experienced in quite a while.

Results came back: "Good w/ no abnormal findings" Heyyyyooooo!!!

Thank you again for all the supportive and encouraging words! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Thanks for sharing.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    congrats on the good news!