Over 200Lbs to Lose. Support Needed for my long journey.

Options
13»

Replies

• arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cut your calories slowly. Measure your food. Limit sodas, aim to drink more water. Limit fast foods. Accept yourself and your failures if you have a bad day. Try again the next day. The weight didnt come on overnight and the weight wont come off overnight.
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11, too and am trying to go from 330 - 140/150 (we'll see when I start getting down there). I'm not doing too bad so far, but it's probably the 5th or 6th time I've tried.

As far as advice? Before when I failed, I tried to make HUGE changes all at once. This time, I've started with baby steps and made smaller changes over a much larger period of time and it actually seems to be sticking. Don't give up everything you love, just modify portions, for sure. That's how I set myself up for failure the first few times - by giving up everything I loved and trying to change every little thing in one day.
  • worddigger
    worddigger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yup, great accomplishments from small achievements. Every day is a gift. I find the portion thing to work for me, too. And limited processed stuff...
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request. I was 287 in August 2015 and i have lost 80lbs but still would like to lose another 60lbs. Im good for advice and motivation.
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Started at 380 about 4.5 months ago. I'm now at 315 and would honestly be happy to just get to 200 but probably wont stop there. It is a huge amount to think about so I definitely set mini goals along the way. Right now I am trying to get out of the 300s by my bday march 24th, but lately I have been going up and down the same 2.5 lbs and not making progress. Always eager for new friends to help keep me accountable and motivated!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    I sent you a friends request. I was 287 in August 2015 and i have lost 80lbs but still would like to lose another 60lbs. Im good for advice and motivation.

What a great success! It seems like an absolutely herculean task, but I know it's not and I have to keep that in mind! I have 110lbs to go, and the idea I can knock almost half of that out in a mere 6 months... :::sigh::: it just makes me happy!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    Right now I am trying to get out of the 300s by my bday march 24th, but lately I have been going up and down the same 2.5 lbs and not making progress. Always eager for new friends to help keep me accountable and motivated!

Wow, you've been super successful and believe me, there are these hidden crazy pounds that refuse to go away but finally fall off and take others with them. You'll get there!!!
  • jmwilson85
    jmwilson85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am down 175 lbs. I still have another fifty pounds or so to go. I began my healthy lifestyle about 18 months ago. I think regularly that if i can do it, anyone can. Here are my tips:
    1. Start small. In the beginning cut your calories based on what my fitness pal suggests
    2. Meal prep is really important. If you wait until your hungry you wont make a good choice. Make meals and snack ahead of time and have a plan. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.
    3. When grocery shopping buy things mostly from these sections; fresh produce and lean meat.
    4. Know that you will stahl in losing weight but dont give up. Its just your body telling you to do something different it could be increasing activity, cutting calories or perhaps increasing calories a little
    5. Remember not every calories is created equal. You want to choose food high in fiber and protein but low in carbs and fat.
    6. Drink, drink and then drink more. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day. Water... Stay away from soda or even worse diet soda.
    7. Focus on creating a healthy lifestyle not a diet. Diets are short -term and in order to maintain you will need to do these things every day of your life.
    8. Fiber is really important so try to meet your mfp goal daily.

good luck, just dont give up (even when it seems like your climbing a mountain)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    jmwilson85 wrote: »
    Hi there. I am down 175 lbs. I still have another fifty pounds or so to go. I began my healthy lifestyle about 18 months ago. I think regularly that if i can do it, anyone can. Here are my tips:.

These were all really sound tips! Congrats on your success!!
  • Ardentoak
    Ardentoak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    worddigger wrote: »
    @Ardentoak
    I understand... I lost both my sister and my father to obesity related issues. I am determined and motivated, but struggle...and here if anyone needs a helping hand...

Thank you, @Worddigger. I saw that you posted that you are recovering from an eating disorder. I've been down that road, myself, so if I can be of support, please let me know.

• Ardentoak
    Ardentoak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    jmwilson85 wrote: »
    Hi there. I am down 175 lbs. I still have another fifty pounds or so to go. I began my healthy lifestyle about 18 months ago. I think regularly that if i can do it, anyone can. Here are my tips:
    1. Start small. In the beginning cut your calories based on what my fitness pal suggests
    2. Meal prep is really important. If you wait until your hungry you wont make a good choice. Make meals and snack ahead of time and have a plan. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.
    3. When grocery shopping buy things mostly from these sections; fresh produce and lean meat.
    4. Know that you will stahl in losing weight but dont give up. Its just your body telling you to do something different it could be increasing activity, cutting calories or perhaps increasing calories a little
    5. Remember not every calories is created equal. You want to choose food high in fiber and protein but low in carbs and fat.
    6. Drink, drink and then drink more. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day. Water... Stay away from soda or even worse diet soda.
    7. Focus on creating a healthy lifestyle not a diet. Diets are short -term and in order to maintain you will need to do these things every day of your life.
    8. Fiber is really important so try to meet your mfp goal daily.

Thank you for the great advice, and for being an inspiration!
  • nlkratzner
    nlkratzner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @jmwilson85 thanks for the advice and support.
  • nlkratzner
    nlkratzner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well I thought I would post an update. I know that a year ago I was getting back on here and set to loss weight and get healthy. At first I was motivated then about a month in a stopped. Then I decided I would get a new doctor and have a physical and get back on track in April. Well when I went into the doctor on April 26, 2016 I weighed 523lbs. This was a heaviest I have every weighed. So I started getting my health in order and seeing doctors and getting on all the right medicines for me and had a battery of blood work. So the first few months I was doing good and by July I was down to 497lbs. Well then I went on vacation and just didn't seem to get back on track and then for 3 months I only lost 4 more pounds. This put me at 493. Then I decided I would go to a nutritionist and see what I could do because nothing seemed to motivate me or keep me on track. Well something that day rang true in my ears and something took hold. and I had the motivation and support so I started yet again. Because I always say it is not how you fall but how you pick yourself up and keep moving. Well on October 31, 2016 I weighed myself and said I am gonna do it this time and I am not letting anything get in my way. Well my weight was 503lbs. Well today February 10th, I weigh 452.6 LBS. This makes me happy. Because it is working for me. And some of you have become my friends on here and have cheered me along and gave me support when needed. For that I thank you. Granted I have a long way to go. but since my physical with my doctor I have lost 70lbs. And my goal is by my physical this year to be down 100lbs. I have about 30 lbs to go. I may not make it by I am giving it all I got. And as long as the scale goes down I am good with that.

So I hope that if any one reads this and wants to come along on this journey or wants a friend to add. You can add me. I have a goal and I am not stopping until I get there this time.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased you are taking action now before this starts to affect you health because without doubt it will. Log everything you eat and drink, a digital food scale is a must you can't guess food amounts, if you are able standbup and just step in the spot and gradually get your steps up to a higher number each day. Most of all if you have a bad day just get right back on track the next day, don't let one bad day spoil all your efforts. Have supportive friends on MFP and support them in return to ensure you can keep going. Good luck