Open food diary what am I doing wrong?

Options

Replies

• shawnathan9
    shawnathan9 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My diary is open to view. Now I'm quite athletic so my consumption and use of food vastly differs from yours.

However, it appears clear that your formula just is not working for you.

In an honest point of view, you're eating tons of fats and improper sources of nutrition. If you eat more healthful foods, you should increase that metabolism which seems damaged from a deficit and lacking true wholesome natural foods less processed. To each especially own however.

Hope you cut the crap; You most likely know what it is. Not saying your making excuses....
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'd like to chime in and say OP, you aren't eating anything remotely healthy. Your diary barely has any vegetables or poultry. It mainly consists of flavored water and nutrition bars. Then on top of that, unhealthy junk food like cookie dough and peanut butter cups. You can be under your calories all you want, but if you aren't eating food that will properly fuel your body, you aren't going to see a weight loss.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Op - I usually loose weight 1 week every month. I will drop 2-3 pounds over 5 days and then sit there for 2-3 weeks before I get another big drop.

Sodium, constipation, time of the month, lack of sleep... All of these play a roll for me. 1 night at maintenance can see my scale go up for 3-4 days until the bloat from a big meal has had a chance to clear.

Give yourself a few more week. If you are eating less and burning more it will move again. I promise.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    I'd like to chime in and say OP, you aren't eating anything remotely healthy. Your diary barely has any vegetables or poultry. It mainly consists of flavored water and nutrition bars. Then on top of that, unhealthy junk food like cookie dough and peanut butter cups. You can be under your calories all you want, but if you aren't eating food that will properly fuel your body, you aren't going to see a weight loss.

Talk about crap...

You and the poster above would have a heart attack if you could see what I ate to lose over 100 lbs.

And you know how I lost it?

By being in a calorie deficit.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat cookies for dinner and sometimes I eat ice cream for lunch and I've some how managed to still lose weight. Must be a miracle!?
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Talk about crap...

You and the poster above would have a heart attack if you could see what I ate to lose over 100 lbs.

Are you referring to me? I said nothing about the "quality" of her meals.
  • shawnathan9
    Options
    OP, you're diary shows that you drink protein shakes, milkshakes, peanut butter cups, tons of cheese, tons of protein bars, and artificially flavored drinks while under your kcal limit.

I'd recommend to find a few members who you may believe to have a healthy fit appearance and then copy and eat what they eat. I'd imagine it's different than your "diet" plan....

I'm may appear critical and harsh but anyone who defends her should ask themselves if they can live off her diet and lose weight. If so then prove it and eat her meal plan for 7 days and tell us then if you'd agree with it.

• shawnathan9
    Options
    I really do hope you see the positive in my message rather than defend your indulgences....
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Talk about crap...

Are you referring to me? I said nothing about the "quality" of her meals.

No, I was talking about shawnathan9.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP, you're diary shows that you drink protein shakes, milkshakes, peanut butter cups, tons of cheese, tons of protein bars, and artificially flavored drinks while under your kcal limit.

I'd recommend to find a few members who you may believe to have a healthy fit appearance and then copy and eat what they eat. I'd imagine it's different than your "diet" plan....

I'm may appear critical and harsh but anyone who defends her should ask themselves if they can live off her diet and lose weight. If so then prove it and eat her meal plan for 7 days and tell us then if you'd agree with it.
    I really do hope you see the positive in my message rather than defend your indulgences....

I've lost 75 pounds eating things that would probably make you cry. They aren't indulgences, they are my food that I eat. If I don't eat my food and just try to change everything that I'm eating then I won't lose weight because I'll give up and go back to eating my food.

A calorie deficit is all that's required to lose weight.
  • smisekjen
    smisekjen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting really frustrated too. Been eating under my calories for 10 days now. Dropped 2 pounds right away, now just go up .5 lbs then down that .5lbs. Weigh every morning at the same time. I log every bite. I don't think I drink enough water. I am just going to stick with it and hope I take a big jump down soon. I feel your frustration. Don't give up!

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

I don't need to try her plan for 7 days, I've kept eating stuff like that for more than the last two years and guess what? Lost 50 pounds and maintained that loss the rest of the time.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    smisekjen wrote: »
    I am getting really frustrated too. Been eating under my calories for 10 days now. Dropped 2 pounds right away, now just go up .5 lbs then down that .5lbs. Weigh every morning at the same time. I log every bite. I don't think I drink enough water. I am just going to stick with it and hope I take a big jump down soon. I feel your frustration. Don't give up!

Weight loss is not immediate. 10 days is nothing. If you drink 8 oz of water you'll be .5 lbs heavier. Did that water make you gain .5 lbs of fat? Nope.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can be under your calories all you want, but if you aren't eating food that will properly fuel your body, you aren't going to see a weight loss.

That's nonsense.

If you have a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Making poor food choices may be harmful to your health in other ways, but the content of the calories has no impact on weight loss.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you were weighing say 4 oz if it was over wouldn't the food scale then say 4.xx?

Are you weighing in ounces? Not that it would be enough to stall you, but weighing in grams is more accurate because it's a smaller unit of measure.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    If you were weighing say 4 oz if it was over wouldn't the food scale then say 4.xx?

Are you weighing in ounces? Not that it would be enough to stall you, but weighing in grams is more accurate because it's a smaller unit of measure.

Not only that, non-liquid packaged foods (and some liquid ones) have their serving weights on the nutritional information chart listed in grams rather than ounces. If you weigh everything in grams, you don't need to worry about converting between grams and ounces.
  • eobin
    eobin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the calories in, calories out method applies to diabetics, or people with insulin resistance, or lots of belly fat. Carb calories are very different for us. Try a Low Carb High Fat diet. Look up Keto diets.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    eobin wrote: »
    I don't believe the calories in, calories out method applies to diabetics, or people with insulin resistance, or lots of belly fat. Carb calories are very different for us. Try a Low Carb High Fat diet. Look up Keto diets.

You believe incorrectly.

Medical conditions may cause the Calories out side to vary from the population norms, but the overall equation still applies.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    eobin wrote: »

Absolutely incorrect. CICO applies to all people, but medical issues can affect the CO part of the equation. People with IR and diabetes may need to closely watch their carbs, but that doesn't mean they need to go keto or even low carb.

Belly fat has nothing to do with it.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think your first "problem" is that you think there is a wrong and right here.

There is not.

You eat less than you burn and your body sheds weight (hopefuy fat and not LBM)

It's just math. All you can do "right" is the process. You eat to your goal, keeping as accurate a record of the CI as possible and you dispassionately note results averaged over 6-8 week time periods.

Lose too little for your tastes, adjust CI a bit down. too much? CI up a bit. Then it doesn't matter whether your logging is that of a mad scientist or that of a 'eyeballer'. You log how you log and you adjust your intake to your results, not others logging rules that you can't keep (echoes of a woe that's not for you ringing here).

You cannot control the results, only the process. Follow the math and you will see results. Do not relate results to your worth or value as a Human being.

Remember that results won't be in 3 weeks and they won't be dramatic, until you've months and months of process strung together.