Open food diary what am I doing wrong?

Options
123457»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    eobin wrote: »
    I don't believe the calories in, calories out method applies to diabetics, or people with insulin resistance, or lots of belly fat. Carb calories are very different for us. Try a Low Carb High Fat diet. Look up Keto diets.

that statement is incorrect. ci/co still applies to those of us with insulin resistance. however low carb/keto can be helpful for controlling our bg numbers and appetite making it easier to eat at a deficit. OP hasn't mentioned either diabetes or IR as an area of concern for her however.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to view. Now I'm quite athletic so my consumption and use of food vastly differs from yours.

However, it appears clear that your formula just is not working for you.

In an honest point of view, you're eating tons of fats and improper sources of nutrition. If you eat more healthful foods, you should increase that metabolism which seems damaged from a deficit and lacking true wholesome natural foods less processed. To each especially own however.

Hope you cut the crap; You most likely know what it is. Not saying your making excuses....

This is the most inaccurate load of misinformation I've read all day.

Congrats!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    eobin wrote: »
    I don't believe the calories in, calories out method applies to diabetics, or people with insulin resistance, or lots of belly fat. Carb calories are very different for us. Try a Low Carb High Fat diet. Look up Keto diets.

YES - excellent idea for the OP, this might allow her to see a weight loss which would be positive at this time. In addition this might involve her eating more lean protein, vegetables and eliminating the processed sugars.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

Dear OP,

possibly try a couple of weeks on a strict diet of fruits, veg and lean protein --none of the 0 calorie drink and only water, coffee or tea.

This would not be easy but if you really want to get the scale moving, give yourself a huge change by using fresh, canned or frozen vegetables (fresh when possible) and lean protein...snack on fruit that is full of water. ....this is not a complete diet but it could get you going in terms of what you want because, it is hard to hear, but you might be overeating now----you'll have great awareness consuming the foods mentioned above.
    Good Luck
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that whilst you are eating fresh veggies and that is fantastic, that perhaps the sugar might be something holding you back. Processed foods are bad for you in terms of your health and in terms of dieting I recommend substituting lower calorie foods and instead of protein powder drink make a fruit smoothie to satisfy your 2 fruit daily and sweet tooth
    The thing about craving sugar Hun is that if you aren't eating it the cravings aren't as intense. You can gain weight or not lose simply due to portion control. Losing weight is simple calories in calories out. Don't know if you realise this but you really don't need our help only you know what you need to do and make it happen. Also don't be scared to play around with lowering your intake on some days and higher on others in ither words satisfy your hunger(real) not just eat because you feel you must trust me it's very good for you

The bolded part is not necessarily correct.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing every day, I suggest logging it. Or using TrendWeight. Or, only weigh once a week.

When you have a narrow margin of deficit and are losing slowly (or maintain at a lower calorie range), sometimes it appears the scale isn't going down. But if you log it, you'll notice that while yourhigh weight was 160.9lbs (my example), over 2 weeks your high weight is now 159.9. That seems like it hasn't changed, but that's actually -.5lbs/week. And it gets even harder to notice when you're fluctuating. Here's my TrendWeight graph. I feel like I haven't budged, especially when my weight fluctuates up after a low "loss" day.

Date Actual Trend
    Sat, Feb 6 158.6 159.1
    Fri, Feb 5 158.0 159.2
    Thu, Feb 4 158.8 159.3
    Wed, Feb 3 159.6 159.4
    Tue, Feb 2 157.8 159.3
    Mon, Feb 1 157.4 159.5
    Sun, Jan 31 158.2 159.7
    Sat, Jan 30 157.8 159.9
    Fri, Jan 29 159.2 160.2
    Thu, Jan 28 160.2 160.3
    Wed, Jan 27 159.6 160.3
    Tue, Jan 26 159.2 160.3
    Mon, Jan 25 160.2 160.5
    Sun, Jan 24 160.5 160.5
    Sat, Jan 23 159.6

But I've if I had compared this lady Wednesday to the 23rd I would have thought I'd lost nothing. Yet here is what the report tells me:

Since yesterday: -0.1 lbs
    Since a week ago: -0.8 lbs
    Since two weeks ago: -1.4 lbs
    Statistics:

TNM7760 is losing 0.8 lbs/week of total weight.
    She is burning 415 cal/day more than she eats.

This has made a world of difference to me.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that formatting of my chart didn't copy/paste well. Hope you can get a basic idea.