Woman who are 5'7-5'8

Options

Replies

• KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7" Struggled my whole life to get into the 150s but struggled to maintain it. I switched my focus to building as much natural muscle as I can with heavy lifting and cut most cardio out. I just finished a bulk and weigh 172. My cut goal will be in the low 160's I'm hourglass shaped. 41/29/42 and wear a comfortable size 6 pant. I think I'm about 20% bf.
  • kwoeguy
    kwoeguy Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'7", currently 142lbs (down from 220lbs). I have a pretty slender frame but I'm an average build (although my legs are stocky as hell!).

P.S. I'm not a guy, accidentally posted this on my husband's account!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    jkr1000 wrote: »
    I'm 5'7.5" and 170lb would love to be 140 but I just can't maintain that weight. This time I'm aiming for 150lb. Definitely not athletic build although I do a fair bit of exercise but at the same time I love my food. I find that on my body 160 looks good, or definitely makes me feel good, but I'm sure at that weight it means that I am classed as over weight, wish I wasn't a slave to the scales

No, I think that you are not classed as overweight at 160 - or, if so, then just barely. There are lots of different classification models these days. I know fitness magazine (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/ideal-weights-for-women/) gives guidelines on how to determine frame size.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'8" - 153lbs 24% BF Measurements Bust 38, Waist 32, Hips 39 Depending on the clothing brand, I'm a 6-8 dress size.

My fitness routine is heavy lifting 2x week, HIIT quickies 2-3x week and Vinyasa yoga on Sundays. Macros are set at 50/25/25

My highest weight was 180 after my pregnancies, my lowest was 143lbs but my body fat was 30%! Yuck! lol Today I feel good in my body and happy with the strength and lean mass gains over the years :)
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently maintaining at 130 for about 9 months now, down from 180. My 'shape' can best be described as 'tree trunk' as my short torso means practically no waist. BF is around 22%. I wear anything from a US 4 to a US 8 though I did manage to zip up a size 2 skirt that my aunt gave me that I tried on out of curiosity. That was a bizarre feeling.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 150 with an athletic build.
  • ashleigh315
    ashleigh315 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 175 and my goal weight is around 125. That's at the low end of the healthy weight for 5'7. I was 125 7 years ago and felt and looked good (still had a figure). I really think it depends on your body composition.
  • ty_fit0815
    ty_fit0815 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7...GW 145.
  • kaylaboysell13
    kaylaboysell13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    pita7317 wrote: »
    5'7. At goal weight of 137lbs for almost a year now. Lost 46lbs.
    That is amazing! What did you do to lose all of that?
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"
    SW: 210
    CW: 162
    US size 8
    Athletic Build-Pear Shape
    I have been maintaining for 10 months
    Heavy Lifting 4 days a week
    Cardio twice a week
  • annabelle668
    annabelle668 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How many calories for a 5'8 lady to loose weight??
  • kaylaboysell13
    kaylaboysell13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I eat 1200-1300 calories a day, plus workout 5x a week. Some say I should eat more.. But I feel energized and can still function completely right. I have lost 30 pounds woot woot !!
  • chloerowat
    chloerowat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7" and currently 177. Trying to get to 145 - Think around 140 is maintainable and a nice size for 5.6-5.8 heights . However, if you do a lot of resistance/muscle building you may be heavier than that but look leaner. Totally depends how you carry too! I'm an apple.x

I'm 5'7 and 177 lbs currently. I've lost 10 pounds in the last couple months, and I feel a lot better. I'm pear shaped, and my optimal weight is probably 160.

• tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 148 but I wear a smaller size than I did when I was 135 because my body composition has changed so much due to weight training.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". My heaviest weight was 260 after I had my last baby, current weight 167.8, and a size 8... My goal is 155... If I still feel like I want to lose more when I get there then I'll keep going... But I have had 6 children and have no fantasies or dreams about being any kind of swimsuit model, so I am thinking I may be happy with 155. I am also pretty muscular.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

I lost steadily on 1800 + exercise calories. (I wanted to lose less than 20 lbs.)

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

How much do you weigh and how active are you? Depending on those factors, how much you can eat will vary wildly.

If you aren't comfortable giving that information, then I would probably say to start at around 1500 or 1600 and see how that works out for you.
  • xaoifex
    xaoifex Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 7 and weight in at 160lb! My start weight was 200lb and my goal is 140 :) I am currently a uk12 but would love to be a toned 10 so thats my next milestone!!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    5ft7 starting weight 237lbs, current weight 175lbs, goal for now 160lbs which would get me just into a normal BMI. At the moment I'm a UK 12/14 (pear shape) and haven't been this weight since my teens. My goal weight may change when I get there but we'll see, if I'm happy I may just try and maintain there for a while then reassess.
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 136 lb right now after losing 33 lbs. I'm pretty happy with how I look. I love my arms and can now wear a bikini. Yea!! I work out 5x week and include both cardio and weight/strength training.