Weekend detoxes, wawa crystals...

Options
And other post Christmas nonsense.

Magazines atm seem to have a common theme of 'it's long enough since Christmas to peddle get rid of Christmas pounds fast! ' propaganda.

I have one which gives step by step weekend detox advice, including a set menu.
Day 1 is salmon and mushrooms on gluten free toast.
Now, nothing wrong with salmons and mushrooms but I doubt many people have them for breakfast and why have gluten free toast if one is not gluten intolerant??
In which case you wouldn't just have it that weekend.
Anyway, despite 'withdrawal symptoms' of nausea and headaches, one loses 4kg in 2 days - about 5 1b.

If this doesn't appeal there is another recomendation for Wawa crystals - they just flush away fat ~ 30 sachets, free drink bottle and book and wristband for only $99.95 ( +$29.95 postage )

Head bang.

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I was already craving mushrooms and now they are all I can think about. I love mushrooms.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Fun....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why gluten free toast?
    Smoked salmon and egg for breakfast on bagel is yum

Now I want smoked salmon
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    I have no idea rabbitj - but that's what it said.

I think because it was avoiding all 'toxins'; fizzy drink, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods were all named as culprits. And is trendy to see gluten as a toxin culprit.
    The only drink allowed all weekend was cucumber and herb infused water. Why not plain ordinary water, I don't know either.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As someone who is gluten intolerant.... now I want toast.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Is wawa what the people who buy the crystals say once they wise up and realise they just spent $130 on complete crap?
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    As someone who is gluten intolerant.... now I want toast.

Seconded.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I have no idea rabbitj - but that's what it said.

I think because it was avoiding all 'toxins'; fizzy drink, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods were all named as culprits. And is trendy to see gluten as a toxin culprit.
    The only drink allowed all weekend was cucumber and herb infused water. Why not plain ordinary water, I don't know either.

Ive noticed a common theme of these fad diets is that, while they claim to be simple, they are actually very complicated.

I am convinced that this is a safeguard against the diet failing. It isn't " this diet doesn't work" it's "you aren't diciplined enough to follow this diet"

The diet is put above reproach, just look how saintly and pure it is! It's *you* that's undisciplined and sinful. If only you were a better person....

That's why they're popular, and that's why ppl keep coming back, because they want to be that pure perfect person who drinks naught but cucumber water and fancy-toast. But alas, reality.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    lol why did OP get flagged?

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I saw this one one the newsstand Sunday and just shook my head.

image.aspx?i=cover0086324.jpg&w=300
  • QueenofHearts023
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I feel myself getting dumber just looking at it....
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

According to medieval medical theory, cucumbers reduce fevers and purify the urine. Yeah, it's woowoo, but it's historical woowoo--700 years old and written in Latin. (Beat that, Dr. Oz!) I bet someone could repackage the theory of the humours into a modern diet program and make a mint.

• emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lol why did OP get flagged?

I suspect that someone didn't read past the subject heading.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

Hang on, my foam roller will make me taller???? Why haven't I been told this before?

The latest detox thing I heard about is some magic potion that removes the "rotting food and toxic sludge" from your gut to flatten your belly.

I'm over arguing about detoxing but if you really think food sits in you and rots on a regular basis...well.

I just don't know what to say to that.

~Lyssa
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

According to medieval medical theory, cucumbers reduce fevers and purify the urine. Yeah, it's woowoo, but it's historical woowoo--700 years old and written in Latin. (Beat that, Dr. Oz!) I bet someone could repackage the theory of the humours into a modern diet program and make a mint.

BRB
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was already craving mushrooms and now they are all I can think about. I love mushrooms.

I am having chicken and mushrooms for lunch. I LOVE mushrooms!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your plexus slim pink drink everyone!
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Has "Doctor" Oz lost his license yet?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    4270802.jpg