Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I saw this one one the newsstand Sunday and just shook my head.

image.aspx?i=cover0086324.jpg&w=300

Hang on, my foam roller will make me taller???? Why haven't I been told this before?

This reminds me of an "Idiots of the Internet" installment I saw last night. It was a tweet that read something like "There's no excuse for a man to be under 6'. Get your fat a** to the gym!"
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options

The latest detox thing I heard about is some magic potion that removes the "rotting food and toxic sludge" from your gut to flatten your belly.

~Lyssa

I can remove toxic sludge from my gut with a trip through the Taco Bell drive thru after a night at the bar. Oof.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »

The latest detox thing I heard about is some magic potion that removes the "rotting food and toxic sludge" from your gut to flatten your belly.

~Lyssa

I can remove toxic sludge from my gut with a trip through the Taco Bell drive thru after a night at the bar. Oof.

I remove mine with Magnesium Hydroxide. Especially when IBS gets bad. Lol
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the leeches (although they have actual applications and results). I did read a Sears catalog from the 1920s that sold tapeworms as a diet trend. I vote on bringing that one back, I bet I could even get a "Dr." Oz recommendation.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Now I really want to go to WaWa...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Hang on, my foam roller will make me taller???? Why haven't I been told this before?

I'm over arguing about detoxing but if you really think food sits in you and rots on a regular basis...well.

I just don't know what to say to that.

~Lyssa

Wow, I could use a couple of inches. I need a foam roller now! :blush:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »

I'm over arguing about detoxing but if you really think food sits in you and rots on a regular basis...well.

I just don't know what to say to that.

~Lyssa

Wow, I could use a couple of inches. I need a foam roller now! :blush:

Yeah, I'm sick of being 5'2. I can't reach anything in my upper cabinets. So annoying. My 7 year old is almost as tall as me >.<

Sugar Free gummy bears will probably remove anything from your gut. Imagine combining that with Taco Bell. Fun to be had by all.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have used a foam roller for a year. I am still 5ft 1. I want my money back.

Although, maybe I'm doing it wrong? Perhaps I was supposed to bless it with some crystals or something first?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Eye twitch. It would be funnier if less people actually believed this rubbish.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    lol why did OP get flagged?

I suspect that someone didn't read past the subject heading.

Or maybe someone's mad that pudding mocked their wawa...

(sentences I never thought I'd type)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    There's a 50s ad for amphetamines as the miracle mother's helper and it makes all sorts of claims too. Humans always and forever will be gullible to this nonsense.

I have an Arbonne pusher on my FB who posts all sorts of woo, today if you're on a detox or cleanse you shouldn't eat the banana pudding recipe she posted. Okay then. Right you are.
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The only drink allowed all weekend was cucumber and herb infused water. Why not plain ordinary water, I don't know either.

According to medieval medical theory, cucumbers reduce fevers and purify the urine. Yeah, it's woowoo, but it's historical woowoo--700 years old and written in Latin. (Beat that, Dr. Oz!) I bet someone could repackage the theory of the humours into a modern diet program and make a mint.

BRB

BRB?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    BRB = be right back.
    ( in this case with the the medieval humours new crash diet)
  • emilycat214
    emilycat214 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BRB = be right back.
    ( in this case with the the medieval humours new crash diet)

Ah, thanks. That's the only meaning I know for that acronym, but it didn't seem to fit.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    8b9a33bf865103b0ddcdedea0475cd3c_zpscrxegesa.jpg

For those who doubt the wawa crystals.
    And look! Save $115!! bargain!!

I mean, what's not to work?? ;) *

*not genuinely endorsed by Paperpudding
    My OP has been flagged x2 now, so clarifying in case someone flags this as advertising spam too. B)

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    8b9a33bf865103b0ddcdedea0475cd3c_zpscrxegesa.jpg

For those who doubt the wawa crystals.
    And look! Save $115!! bargain!!

I mean, what's not to work?? ;) *

*not genuinely endorsed by Paperpudding
    My OP has been flagged x2 now, so clarifying in case someone flags this as advertising spam too. B)

Sounds like something a child would ask for in his sippy cup. So glad the industry is taking time to explore real science.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    It comes with a wristband. I might get this when my tax refund comes. I mean, you save over $115.00!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    lol why did OP get flagged?

I suspect that someone didn't read past the subject heading.

Or maybe someone's mad that pudding mocked their wawa...

(sentences I never thought I'd type)

Thanks... now I have to clean my screen.

Bursting out laughing while drinking tea is generally not recommended for a long life of any computer/electronic appliance in front of you. :p
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The only acceptable Wawa is the kind that serves these
    Wawa.jpg

I love me a wawa hoagie. Shame it's only an east coast thing.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    And other post Christmas nonsense.

Magazines atm seem to have a common theme of 'it's long enough since Christmas to peddle get rid of Christmas pounds fast! ' propaganda.

I have one which gives step by step weekend detox advice, including a set menu.
    Day 1 is salmon and mushrooms on gluten free toast.
    Now, nothing wrong with salmons and mushrooms but I doubt many people have them for breakfast and why have gluten free toast if one is not gluten intolerant??
    In which case you wouldn't just have it that weekend.
    Anyway, despite 'withdrawal symptoms' of nausea and headaches, one loses 4kg in 2 days - about 5 1b.

If this doesn't appeal there is another recomendation for Wawa crystals - they just flush away fat ~ 30 sachets, free drink bottle and book and wristband for only $99.95 ( +$29.95 postage )

Head bang.

People aren't even reading anymore before they hit the flag button. Mfp should get rid of it.