Lost my cat :(:(:(

Options
lunidevojka
lunidevojka Posts: 9,049 Member
I've lost my little Vlad,he must have opened the screen door somehow and escaped. I didn't even notice toll it was too late. I've been going outside for 30 mins at a time, calling his name, shaking his food bag .. And nothing. I'm so f****ing depressed and beside myself with tears, I don't know what to do anymore. I feel empty without him.

Replies

• Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    </3 oh no!! :((( hope he comes home soon!
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    I keep looking at the last photo I took of him and crying. And I know this crying gets me nowhere, I just feel I will never find him. This has happened to me once before..030koclraxpk.jpg
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    Couleesmi wrote: »
    </3 oh no!! :((( hope he comes home soon!

Me too :/@Couleesmi
  • Couleesmi
    Couleesmi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    :( he reminds me of my fur baby.. My cat got out once and he was out all day and night.. I was crushed but I ended up leaving the door open a bit overnight and by the morning he was strolling around the kitchen waiting for breakfast..
  • musichales
    musichales Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    He is a smart boy and will come home once he starts to get hungry and misses his mamma. He is probably just exploring and hunting right now. I'm sure he'll be back in the morning. Don't get down!! He is not gone forever!! Go ahead and print out some pictures of his purrfect face to make flyers just in case if he's not back by morning.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    Couleesmi wrote: »
    :( he reminds me of my fur baby.. My cat got out once and he was out all day and night.. I was crushed but I ended up leaving the door open a bit overnight and by the morning he was strolling around the kitchen waiting for breakfast..

I'm gonna leave his food out by the sliding door and hope he gets hungry enough to come back. I can't even sleep now I'm just crushed . :(
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! I remember that feeling when my cat ran away on day. I'm sure he'll come back. Keep doing what you are doing by shaking his food bag and calling his name. Also get making some posters to put out if he doesn't come back today. Cats have a habit of disappearing off on adventures then coming back when they get bored/hungry.
  • blankmixtape
    blankmixtape Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aw, I hope you find him.

Have faith. When I was a kid my cat went missing for 2 months and one night I was walking and saw her strolling on someone's property a few blocks away. I grabbed her so fast and ran home with her. That was probably 14 years ago, still have her.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    Oh no!! I remember that feeling when my cat ran away on day. I'm sure he'll come back. Keep doing what you are doing by shaking his food bag and calling his name. Also get making some posters to put out if he doesn't come back today. Cats have a habit of disappearing off on adventures then coming back when they get bored/hungry.

I really hope so girl, he's never been outside on his own and he tends to be skittish around people and loud noises. So I don't know if that could have scared him off further. I plan on making posters in the AM. I just want him back in my arms already ;( @Thisnameischosen
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    Aw, I hope you find him.

Have faith. When I was a kid my cat went missing for 2 months and one night I was walking and saw her strolling on someone's property a few blocks away. I grabbed her so fast and ran home with her. That was probably 14 years ago, still have her.

That was so lucky for you to cross paths with her. Cats never want to be found it seems though, I've called his name and shaken his bag , and just nothing.. I thought he would be closer to my apt but I don't know :/
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options

I really hope so girl, he's never been outside on his own and he tends to be skittish around people and loud noises. So I don't know if that could have scared him off further. I plan on making posters in the AM. I just want him back in my arms already ;( @Thisnameischosen

My cat was a house cat as well and I was extra worried because I thought he'd have no road sense etc.. But really, cats aren't stupid and will just hide if they scared (not be walking in to busy traffic like I had been imagining..) so I would say to look under cars especially, bushes, in people's garages.. anywhere he could hide really because if he's not used to being outside he's probably got spooked and will be hiding somewhere. :(:'(
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That happened to us with our Maine Coon many years ago. He was not used to being outdoors and I'm not sure where he was the whole time, but apparently he didn't go far. He was found two weeks later by some boys at the school which was just two blocks away. The day after he went missing I had posted a flier around the neighborhood with his picture and had offered a reward so the kids had spotted him and said, "Hey, there's the $50 cat. Grab him!". Lol.

I really hope you find him. I know it's hard when you're baby is gone and you don't know where he is, but have faith and hang in there.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I can imagine your worry. Honestly, I think he'll go back home when he's finished his exciting adventure. So sorry he's putting you through this grief:(
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Cats are smart. He knows where home is. He knows where momma is. He's just being a cat. He will be back.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    That happened to us with our Maine Coon many years ago. He was not used to being outdoors and I'm not sure where he was the whole time, but apparently he didn't go far. He was found two weeks later by some boys at the school which was just two blocks away. The day after he went missing I had posted a flier around the neighborhood with his picture and had offered a reward so the kids had spotted him and said, "Hey, there's the $50 cat. Grab him!". Lol.

I really hope you find him. I know it's hard when you're baby is gone and you don't know where he is, but have faith and hang in there.

I'm really trying to stay positive its just hard.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    sith78 wrote: »
    Cats are smart. He knows where home is. He knows where momma is. He's just being a cat. He will be back.

I don't know @sith78 . he's never outside unless I'm holding him, and I just hope he comes back. I've never been so beside myself about an animal before like this.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    I've been out I must say at least twelve times or less with a flashlight calking his name softly as to not wake the neighbors, and just nothing. I've looked under cars and walked up and down and somewhat into town. Its too dark to find him. I'm just sitting here by the sliding door crying. Can't believe how stupid I was. I should have been watching him. :(
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I understand. You'll see. He will be back.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    sith78 wrote: »
    I understand. You'll see. He will be back.

Can't sleep , stay relaxed or not keep going outside to try and find him. Its below cold but I don't even feel it anymore, I'm just numb on the outside and inside.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sending good thoughts, I hope he comes back soon! A woman I know had her cat disappear for like, two months and it came back in the end. Cats are naturally cautious and can look after themselves, I'm sure he'll be back when he gets hungry.