Coffee is great... However...

Options

Replies

• stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Coffee plus 2-3 *TBSPS* of chocolate caramel international delight, two cups a day.

... had to give it up. I think I was more addicted to the coffee creamer than the actual coffee. :D
  • BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking my coffee black for the past 6 months (and I'm never going back). But I lost the bulk of my weight with cream and sugar in my coffee, I just counted it with my calories. I only moved to black because my lactose intolerance is getting worse, I soon will sadly be unable to eat cheese in even small amounts. :(
  • tobylevack
    tobylevack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in mine and it has been wonderful.
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Half & Half also has a fat free that is very tasty. I normally drink my coffee straight out of the pot with no additives but occasionally I want something different and the Fat Free Half & Half works wonderfully. I also indulge in the flavored liquid creamers occasionally as a special treat - loving the Pumpkin Spice CoffeeMate right now. The Half & Half FF still has a few calories but not much full bodied. PLUS, if you adjust the rest of your day and stay in line with your daily goal your morning treat & treasure is not going to harm you. Enjoy your coffee and don't let it bother you.
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I figure half and half is a lot better than putting sugar in it, so I use a liberal amount of half and half and a squirt of pure almond extract...no sugar. I agree that using a good quality coffee makes a difference, too!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    OP, start drinking good quality coffee and you wont need cream, milk, or sugar

Agreed.

Embrace the bitter.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Agreed.

Embrace the bitter.

Ha ha. I've tried. Not ready to embrace the bitter. Lol.
  • elgruntus
    elgruntus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have come to accept that my morning coffee is just a delivery vehicle for my morning International Delights Creamer. There are sugar free version of several flavors, but they are hard to find. Calories come in a 20 per Tbs compared to 35 per for the regular
  • tracefan
    Options
    H4N4H wrote: »
    I've been drinking my coffee black for the past 6 months (and I'm never going back). But I lost the bulk of my weight with cream and sugar in my coffee, I just counted it with my calories. I only moved to black because my lactose intolerance is getting worse, I soon will sadly be unable to eat cheese in even small amounts. :(

I wish I could do this. I keep trying the black. But no not there yet
  • tracefan
    Options
    stmokomoko wrote: »
    Coffee plus 2-3 *TBSPS* of chocolate caramel international delight, two cups a day.

... had to give it up. I think I was more addicted to the coffee creamer than the actual coffee. :D
    Ha ha. Tell me about it. It took me a while to just go with the half and half. Lol.
  • tracefan
    Options
    I fill half the cup with coffee and half with hot water. That lightens it up and you can use less cream and sugar.
    Interesting. I may try this.
  • tracefan
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    You could add the half and half, and then maybe a bit of milk to kind of lighten it? I'm on a flavored creamer kick, but find I have to add too much to get it the way I like it, so kind of mixing it with a bit of 1% or 2% milk helps. If it didn't, i'd just add the creamer. I will not give up my morning coffee.

Yes maybe I'll try this.
  • tracefan
    Options

I do drink good quality. I have a restaurant style machine in the wall too. Still not happening for me. Urgh.
  • tracefan
    Options
    Sadly I just really enjoy my
    Coffee. The way I have it with half and half. Once again having to change my life because of calories. Dammit lol
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    butter - i cant give up butter
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Learn how to cold brew coffee. It takes the acidity out of it and tastes great
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Gradually reducing the amount of real half and half worked for me. I still use it but now enjoy coffee with 2 tablespoons of HnH or 1 with 2 TBLS milk.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Gevalia coffee with one sweetener packet and a bit of vanilla. Took me a while to perfect the taste. It's heaven.

At work we have Folgers. I've reduced to a single creamer (pre measured) and one Splenda when I drink a mug at work.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    OP, if you really, really want it like that -- you do you. Just measure it accurately, log it, and work it into your calorie goal.

However, you can totally wean yourself off of that much cream and sugar if you want to. I went through phases in my twenties; black coffee for years, then nothing but super sweet cream and sugar in my coffee, then just cream, etc. I eventually worked my way down to 1 tsp of sweetener in black coffee, which now to my taste buds tastes plenty sweet. Sometimes I add two tbsps of half-and-half or flavored creamer on the weekend when I'm feeling luxurious, lol. I recommend doing it slowly, tbsp by tbsp, until one day you realize that black coffee is just fine.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    _EPIC_ wrote: »
    ITT People talk about how they ruin coffee. :(
    tumblr_ny4gnfxT7o1t1cy7no1_400.jpg

Heh, this is totally how I feel about threads like this.

That said, I also recommend trying milk and cutting back gradually.

Or just work the calories into your day and eat less of something else.