Haven't Lost/ Look At My Diary

Options

Replies

• jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Your diary looks like you might not be logging everything. Did you really go to Texas roadhouse and only eat a 6oz sirloin, 1 skewer of grilled shrimp, and a cup of green beans? No rolls? Did you really get queso at Taco Cabana and not have any chips?

It also looks like you're not really eating many vegetables. Are you eating them and just not logging?

Absolutely. What goes into my mouth, goes into my log.I talked to my waiter and made sure he understood exactly what I wanted and my steak came out cut to portion and I gave the other piece to by husband.
    And as for Taco Cabana, yes, I did have queso with no chips because I used my queso to dip my flautas in.

I agree I should eat more vegetables.

Texas Roadhouse green beans come smothered in butter. I don't see that logged.

I'm not trying to pick nits, but just trying to illustrate the point that your diary does NOT reflect any sort of accuracy. If you're not losing and you expect to be, upping accuracy is the first place to start.

I assumed the butter was included in the caloric information on the website.

2 years ago I lost 80lbs eating these same foods, that is why I am confused now.
    When I stopped logging, I gained 60lbs back so I hope you can see my frustration that the things I did to lose 80lbs two years ago, are not working now.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    This is the popular flow chart that is pretty much 100% fool proof if you just follow it...

THIS MENTIONS about those cheat days you are NOT logging.. Can't be so sure they are are 1500 calories and under... :)

2v36lwzg5biz.jpg

Very helpful, thank you. I do have a thyroid condition and take synthetic thyroid so it might be worth adjusting. However, I would like to think I am not eating/exercising properly before I run to adjust medication.

Undisclosed medical conditions drive me nuts in these threads. I get it; your medical history is none of our business. But this might have drastically changed the advice you were given early on in this thread. Sadly, a lot of people will miss it since it's buried in the replies.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    The cheat days I do not log but I do make sure it is under 1500 calories.

Please don't interpret me as doubting you, but how do you ensure your cheat days are under 1500 if you don't log them?

You will be questioned relentlessly about your logging. This is because posters often find that when they tighten up their logging, they were eating more than they thought, and then they start to lose weight again. Please don't take it personally :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    This is the popular flow chart that is pretty much 100% fool proof if you just follow it...

THIS MENTIONS about those cheat days you are NOT logging.. Can't be so sure they are are 1500 calories and under... :)

2v36lwzg5biz.jpg

Very helpful, thank you. I do have a thyroid condition and take synthetic thyroid so it might be worth adjusting. However, I would like to think I am not eating/exercising properly before I run to adjust medication.

Undisclosed medical conditions drive me nuts in these threads. I get it; your medical history is none of our business. But this might have drastically changed the advice you were given early on in this thread. Sadly, a lot of people will miss it since it's buried in the replies.

Yeah, OP, your medical condition may be really relevant here. I'm usually the first one to say "it's all about the logging" when people can't lose weight . . . . but your condition may be impacting you. It's worth discussing with your doctor.
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options

2v36lwzg5biz.jpg

I understand. I just hate to blame it on that because in all likelihood, it is the fact that I need to log better.
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The cheat days I do not log but I do make sure it is under 1500 calories.

Please don't interpret me as doubting you, but how do you ensure your cheat days are under 1500 if you don't log them?

You will be questioned relentlessly about your logging. This is because posters often find that when they tighten up their logging, they were eating more than they thought, and then they start to lose weight again. Please don't take it personally :)

I do plan what I will have in advance, I just do not log it. I see that I can do a much better job logging my food.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You can't make conflicting statements like "if it goes in my mouth I log it" and "I don't log cheat days but I keep them under 1500" and not expect people to tell you your log is off. I suspect, like most every other person who has commented, your log is inaccurate. If you are trying to lose several pounds, an approximation may not hinder your loss. BUT if you are trying to lose a few pounds, approximation will most definitely keep you from your goal.
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    Here is my progress from two years ago. It is frustrating that it is not happening like it did last time around.
    i7unw1mr5vzp.jpg
    kodz1ffk893x.jpg
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing before and after pictures! You look great. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Dumb question - is your period due soon? It's common to stop losing until it's over.

• WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I actually do weigh all of my food using measuring cups and scales so the portions are accurate.
    The pizza is a frozen pizza and I cut it directly in half so that is why it says 0.5 pizza, because that is exactly what it is.
    I agree I could eat more protein.

make sure that when you put 0.5 pizza, it is actually logging half a pizza, and not half of a serving of a pizza. typically the frozen pizza servings are 1/3 of the pizza, so if you are logging .5, it might be tracking 1/6 of the pizza
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale religiously for your solid foods. Bread slices vary in weight and naturally calories. Any frozen pizza I've ever had has weighed 10-15% more than what it states on the package. Again, more calories. All these little discrepancies add up through the day. Save measuring cups and spoons for caloric liquids only. Cheat days need to be logged as well. You can easily obliterate any deficit if you aren't mindful of what you are eating. Tighten up your logging and you will see the scale begin to move downward again.
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I actually do weigh all of my food using measuring cups and scales so the portions are accurate.
    The pizza is a frozen pizza and I cut it directly in half so that is why it says 0.5 pizza, because that is exactly what it is.
    I agree I could eat more protein.

make sure that when you put 0.5 pizza, it is actually logging half a pizza, and not half of a serving of a pizza. typically the frozen pizza servings are 1/3 of the pizza, so if you are logging .5, it might be tracking 1/6 of the pizza

That makes sense. I can usually tell by looking at the calories, but it is worth double checking!
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Dumb question - is your period due soon? It's common to stop losing until it's over.

Actually, yes. I am used the fluctuations/stops during that time, but maybe I will just have to give it a few more weeks
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    I greatly appreciate all of the advice! It looks like I need to be more specific in my log.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think you've received some good advice, like eating more protein and veggies, and tightening up your logging, but as someone who also takes Synthroid, I highly recommend going to your doctor and talking about your situation. As you know, they can run a simple blood test and see if your medication needs to be increased. :) Good luck to you!
  • jennmariepantoja
    Options
    I think you've received some good advice, like eating more protein and veggies, and tightening up your logging, but as someone who also takes Synthroid, I highly recommend going to your doctor and talking about your situation. As you know, they can run a simple blood test and see if your medication needs to be increased. :) Good luck to you!

Thank you, and the same to you as well :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Here is my progress from two years ago. It is frustrating that it is not happening like it did last time around.

Great pics! Did your activity level change since then? Both intentional exercise and daily activity, like perhaps do you now have a sedentary job? It's harder for me to lose weight outside gardening season - apparently I get in lots of unintentional activity then.

If not, do check in with your doctor about your thyroid condition.

• kathydburke
    kathydburke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked at your daily meals and it seems that there isn't a lot of variety. Your sodium amounts (due to the processed foods) is extremely high. Your breakfast and lunch plans are stagnant. Try Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and some low fat granola for breakfast. Increase your protein in the morning. Egg whites, 2 links turkey sausage, sauteed with onions and red peppers. Really yummy. Lunch; salad with 2-3 oz. of lean protein (chicken, turkey, tuna fish) along with a 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa, 30 calorie dressing, and lots of veggies. Snack time; 100 calorie pack of almonds, berries, string cheese, sliced apples with almond butter are just a few suggestions. I also noticed that there is no water consumption log. How much do you drink everyday? I'm not a dietician just a school teacher. I will open my diary so you can look at what I eat if you'd like. I do enjoy an evening cocktail and I use my fitbit (linked to myfitnesspal) to log my walking each day.