Treadmill worth the investment?

Options
13»

Replies

• bwaits07
    bwaits07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have one at home and love it. But it's manual. I still love it and it's enclosed and mainly for walking. I use it everyday.
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had a treadmill for several years and finally sold it when I moved. I used it a lot when we lived in the "cold country" of the Midwest. If you're buying one, my number one suggestion is to make sure that it's wide enough. If it isn't wide enough, you will have a tendency to "wander". It's very difficult to run in a perfectly straight line.
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of an emotional attachment to my treadmill. I had it for a good 2 years before I actually used it. It was 4 years ago and my husband was going to sell it and I told him not to I want to use it... his reaction was "yeah right, sure you are". I'm super competitive so of course had to prove him wrong. I used it everyday and lost 27 lbs never to gain it back again. It was the convenience of it in the winter that I love most - I never used it in the Summer.

Anyways I am rambling lol.. I would suggest investing in some dumbbells instead..maybe a squat rack. You can always run outside.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I don't think we can answer that for you. We have a treadmill and I use it a lot. Other people let theirs sit and gather dust.

This^

I had one. Used it for awhile, then it gathered dust. I found walking DVDs more interesting, so I started using those instead. Tastes change.

$200 isn't super risky. But yes, find out what it goes for new.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    If you'll use it, yes. I had one and loved it.