An important lesson about the scale

I’ve been experiencing a pretty smooth weight loss road. Gave up sugar for the month of January as I was a total addict (but have decided to continue into this month because after making it through the first few weeks, it got way easier.) I’ve been hitting the gym and logging everything I eat on Fitness Pal, and the weight has been melting off (so far, I’m down 15 from my highest). After a weekend of especially good behavior, I hopped on the scale to see that I’d gained 5 pounds somehow. Water retention, I told myself. It happens. I decided to reduce my sodium intake and see what happens. And I thought it was strange because my rings weren’t fitting tight, which is my first indication of water retention fun.
The following day (because I find daily weigh-ins motivating. Doesn’t work for everyone, works for me), I’d put on another 5 pounds. So that’s 10 pounds in 2 days after staying under my calorie goal and reducing sodium.
Door to madness, that what this was! I was more confused than discouraged, because my clothes are still fitting loose and I feel great.
So I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up 25 lbs. Then the scale blinked at me and went dead.
I replaced the battery and guess who was still on track? This girl.
Moral of the story, if you read 25lbs higher on your scale in a matter of 3 days, don’t jump out the window. Change damn stupid battery.

Replies