An important lesson about the scale

Options
I’ve been experiencing a pretty smooth weight loss road. Gave up sugar for the month of January as I was a total addict (but have decided to continue into this month because after making it through the first few weeks, it got way easier.) I’ve been hitting the gym and logging everything I eat on Fitness Pal, and the weight has been melting off (so far, I’m down 15 from my highest). After a weekend of especially good behavior, I hopped on the scale to see that I’d gained 5 pounds somehow. Water retention, I told myself. It happens. I decided to reduce my sodium intake and see what happens. And I thought it was strange because my rings weren’t fitting tight, which is my first indication of water retention fun.
The following day (because I find daily weigh-ins motivating. Doesn’t work for everyone, works for me), I’d put on another 5 pounds. So that’s 10 pounds in 2 days after staying under my calorie goal and reducing sodium.
Door to madness, that what this was! I was more confused than discouraged, because my clothes are still fitting loose and I feel great.
So I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up 25 lbs. Then the scale blinked at me and went dead.
I replaced the battery and guess who was still on track? This girl.
Moral of the story, if you read 25lbs higher on your scale in a matter of 3 days, don’t jump out the window. Change damn stupid battery.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Good one!
  • abbyutech
    abbyutech Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought I was going bat-*kitten* crazy!! :)
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That would be a shocker
  • tara2502
    tara2502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    haha! very funny!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I have an old-fashioned, non-digital scale. I can't be bothered with decimal point weight fluctuations. Glad your story was a positive one! Set yourself a reminder to change those batteries!
  • MeganD_96
    MeganD_96 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Haha! You've just made my day!
  • abbyutech
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    This is exactly why I have an old-fashioned, non-digital scale. I can't be bothered with decimal point weight fluctuations. Glad your story was a positive one! Set yourself a reminder to change those batteries!

You know it! I'm putting a reoccurring reminder on my calendar ASAP!!!
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    LOL enjoyed this
  • abbyutech
    Options
    spickard34 wrote: »
    LOL enjoyed this

I'm glad! I thought it was too funny not to share :):):)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Funny! Glad it was such an easy fix to your "weight gain."
  • abbyutech
    Options
    Funny! Glad it was such an easy fix to your "weight gain."

If only it could all come off that quickly!!!
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So funny, yep that would have made me " undone".
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would have been throwing it out the window and calling it filthy names. New plan: stock batteries for scale-related emergencies.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but that's so funny! Have you at least confirmed your true weight?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I loled! You built that story up nicely :D
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lol imagine gaining 25lb in ONE day????