5'3" & 124 pounds..anyone else trying to lose fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This would be me!
    I'm small framed, so the extra 10lbs sits right on my belly and thighs. It started after I turned 40, so it has been harder than I am used to to get back down to my typical weight. I don't want to have to buy new clothes. I need to start paying more attention to maintenance before it gets worse.
  • e_v_v
    e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am 5'3" and 135. I'm really pretty muscular, so I do look fine at this weight, but I'd really like to be in the 120-125 range. I feel as if people like us get bashed on MFP because we're many peoples' ideal height and weight and size, so I'm really thankful for this post!
  • cws93
    cws93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ebrass73 wrote: »
    I am 5'3" and 135. I'm really pretty muscular, so I do look fine at this weight, but I'd really like to be in the 120-125 range. I feel as if people like us get bashed on MFP because we're many peoples' ideal height and weight and size, so I'm really thankful for this post!

Same weight/height/goal as me! Hope you don't mind I sent you a friends request :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ebrass73 wrote: »

I don't this this is true! I have a lot of friends on here who are lean/close to goal and working on body composition. I also think many people are helpful on here regardless of your goals, as long as they are healthy ones.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    fifijoaney wrote: »
    Add me please I'm 5ft 4 and 126 pounds, trying to drop more fat but not looking to lose weight. I'm after the ever elusive abs. My goals are more fitness based I've just added crossfit into my routine and really enjoying it.

I'm 5'4 and 123. I'm looking for my abs too! My goal is to get down to 117 but losing these last few pounds has proven a real challenge. Would love to have some friends who are in the same boat.
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    eharper94 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 132...this is the heaviest I've ever been and my goal weight is 120. Calories are at 1200 per day.

We have the same goal! What are you doing for exercise? Have you been at that weight before?

I am the same. 5'2 and 132 lbs. Do either of you have a fitbit? Would love to be friends and do this with someone like me.

HI I do and would love to have you as a friend. HOw do we add each other?

You can find me at cindylpack@yahoo.com on the fitbit site.
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    eharper94 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 132...this is the heaviest I've ever been and my goal weight is 120. Calories are at 1200 per day.

We have the same goal! What are you doing for exercise? Have you been at that weight before?

I am the same. 5'2 and 132 lbs. Do either of you have a fitbit? Would love to be friends and do this with someone like me.

HI I do and would love to have you as a friend. HOw do we add each other?

You can find me at cindylpack@yahoo.com on the fitbit site. Or //www.fitbit.com/user/4BZS5H
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by the goals and progress on this thread! I'm 5'2", currently 139, and hoping to get down to 120. My bodyfat based on measurements and online calculators averages about 32-33%. I'm hoping to get in the low 20s. I weight train 4 days a week with a little cardio after, and do more cardio 2 days a week. I eat 1200+Fitbit activity. I started the year at 148, so I'm happy with my progress. I wish it were a little faster, but slow is good.

Add me!!!
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My newsfeed isn't too active these days! Would love some friends . Been hanging around 135-140 since November. I'm 31, 5'3"
    Sw 210
    Cw 136
    Gw 129
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 125lbs working towards 120lbs. I am doing the Schuler/Cosgrove STRONG lifting program three times per week. I Zumba about 5 times per week and I (sword) fence twice per week.

I am always looking for people to share fitness tips and ideas. Please add me if you are looking for new pals :)
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hmm...I'm 5'4" and tried to GET TO 124/125 to be lean enough for a bulk but couldn't pull it off and gave up. I can't imagine trying to get under that!

I feel you. On my 'wedding diet' last year I managed to get down to like 112. I started in January at 118, and ate at a slight deficit (1400 cals/day @ 5'2) and lifted at home. I lost at the excruciatingly slow rate of a ~pound a month. We got married at the end of September.

After things settled down I rejoined the gym. I wanted to start a bulk but my BF% was still too high. I started lifting heavy and loosened up on my diet anyway, and I'm up to 120. I don't think any of that is actual muscle gain though but I'm getting strong and I feel good about that.

So in March/April I'll probably tighten up my diet again and see what happens. It's all a process of trial and error anyway.

Yeah no, still eating like a pig. After bulking getting fat all winter the idea of still trying to lift heavy in a deficit doesn't sound fun at all.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by the goals and progress on this thread! I'm 5'2", currently 139, and hoping to get down to 120. My bodyfat based on measurements and online calculators averages about 32-33%. I'm hoping to get in the low 20s. I weight train 4 days a week with a little cardio after, and do more cardio 2 days a week. I eat 1200+Fitbit activity. I started the year at 148, so I'm happy with my progress. I wish it were a little faster, but slow is good.

Add me!!!

Just keep at it and it will happen. I don't know what my starting fat percentage was but it was at least 30% if not a little more. Now I'm around 23%. It really is a slow process, but I do see changes as I'm going along which keeps me motivated.

• kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'4 135lbs... My goal is 1700 cals a day but eat between 1300 to 1700. I'm looking for people with similar stats too! Add me if you like :)
  • princessferchu
    princessferchu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weight 132 as well. I don't want to lose weight just be leaner and gain some muscle. I'm doing Crossfit 4 times a week, cardio some days. I'm on 1500 calories, my trainer told me 1300 doing Crossfit 3-4 days is very low, and will lose weight and not building muscles. My goal is 120 pounds including muscle weight. I'm open if you want to add me as a friend, pretty new to fitness pal so I'm still learning :) go through the communities. So much info!
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Feel free to request me ladies:)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    You should probably post in the weight loss forum instead of the food and nutrition one. You'd probably have even more luck.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft5 and 124lbs currently and at 22% body fat, I eat around 2000-2500 calories most days but then I do a lot of cardio, I too have a goal to increase muscle and reduce fat whilst working on my fitness training as I do Triathlon. Feel free to add me and nose around my diary, I'm honest about all that I eat. Generally I try to get over 100g protein daily if I can but I love my food SO much!