5'3" & 124 pounds..anyone else trying to lose fat?

Options

Replies

• QueenE1803
    QueenE1803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 132...this is the heaviest I've ever been and my goal weight is 120. Calories are at 1200 per day.

We have the same goal! What are you doing for exercise? Have you been at that weight before?
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    eharper94 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" and weighing 132...this is the heaviest I've ever been and my goal weight is 120. Calories are at 1200 per day.

We have the same goal! What are you doing for exercise? Have you been at that weight before?

I am the same. 5'2 and 132 lbs. Do either of you have a fitbit? Would love to be friends and do this with someone like me.
  • QueenE1803
    QueenE1803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I am the same. 5'2 and 132 lbs. Do either of you have a fitbit? Would love to be friends and do this with someone like me.

No Fitbit here, I have an Apple Watch tho!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and 120 lbs. As you can see, I have visible abs -- it doesn't take much to train that part of my body -- yoga a couple of times a week. I think part of the ability to have visible abs is body type and genetics, as I have around 28% bodyfat, but it's mostly hips and upper arms (I also have a decent bust). My problem area is upper arms. I had a shoulder injury a year ago and couldn't strength train my upper arms much, so now the nice muscle tone is fat, getting "batwings." I consider myself in maintenance because I heard you can't build muscle on a deficit. I use a fitbit HR and sync with MFP. Typically, I'm eating around 1400-1500 a day because I'm older, so my TDEE is probably a lot lower than you younger gals.
  • bryannapena398
    bryannapena398 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been weight training M,T,Th,Friday and then cardio on Saturdays...I was at 111 last year at this time but my diet was poor. I don't have a Fitbit either
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You should read the book "burn the fat feed the muscle" by tom venuto. It is packed with great information and is very motivational.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hazleyes81 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". I have a six pack and good overall muscle definition (slightly more than bikini level) at 127, estimated 16%bf. Do you know your bf% so you can tailor your goals and training?

No i do not. .how can i go about figuring this out?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Nikkimaxim Ask a trainer at your gym. They should be able to test you with calipers.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 on tippie toes, and I have recently gotten down to 123 lbs. I had originally planned to try to get down to 115, but scrapped that idea in the last two months, as I kind of like the size I'm at now. Now eating 1460 maintenance calories, but I seem to burn too much, and am still losing weight anyways..lol! The more resistance training and lifting I do, the more visible my abs become :smile:
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

HI I do and would love to have you as a friend. HOw do we add each other?
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 on tippie toes, and I have recently gotten down to 123 lbs. I had originally planned to try to get down to 115, but scrapped that idea in the last two months, as I kind of like the size I'm at now. Now eating 1460 maintenance calories, but I seem to burn too much, and am still losing weight anyways..lol! The more resistance training and lifting I do, the more visible my abs become :smile:

1460 is your maintenance calories? I'm currently around 122 and im at about that to lose some. .
  • claer947
    claer947 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 124 pounds. I would love to lose some body fat, yet maintain the muscle that I do have. Do any other ladies, around similar stats, have the same goals? If so, let's be friends:) what are you doing that is working so far? ?

I'm 5'2 weighing in at 122 and am on the same mission as you! Tracking my food and incorporating both cardio AND weights into my workout 6 days a week is what's working for me. Burning and building all at the same time. I've also been avoiding carbs and making sure I eat my full portion of protein everyday.
  • claer947
    claer947 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to have found this post!

@anparker_1980 Agreed! I've been having a really hard time finding friends that are at similar places in their fitness journey. Anyone on this thread - please feel free to add me! We're all in this together!
  • cws93
    cws93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 5"4 and 135lbs. I put on 20 lbs after a medication change and am learning about fitness and eating well to attempt to get back to my normal weight :) please feel free to add me!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have gone from 157 to 122lbs. I'm trying to lose a few more right now along with being on a weight training program 4xs/wk with a smidge of cardio mixed in.

If anyone needs more friends I'm happy to have another with similar goals. :smile:
  • EmmaCat013
    EmmaCat013 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and have gone from 157 to 122lbs. I'm trying to lose a few more right now along with being on a weight training program 4xs/wk with a smidge of cardio mixed in.

If anyone needs more friends I'm happy to have another with similar goals. :smile:

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

I am currently 5'8" and 128.7lbs 18.5% body fat. Losing weight isn't so much my goal as is losing body fat. I'd like to be at around 16-17%.

I've also been having a hard time with my waist size. Three years ago I was 118lbs and 17% body fat with a 23" waist. I feel like I'm more muscular with only a slightly higher body fat but my waist is now 27". It's maddening.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    EmmaCat013 wrote: »
    cnbbnc wrote: »

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

I am currently 5'8" and 128.7lbs 18.5% body fat. Losing weight isn't so much my goal as is losing body fat. I'd like to be at around 16-17%.

I've also been having a hard time with my waist size. Three years ago I was 118lbs and 17% body fat with a 23" waist. I feel like I'm more muscular with only a slightly higher body fat but my waist is now 27". It's maddening.

This is really interesting. How did you manage to put nearly ten pounds of pure muscle on? It's very difficult to do this for women. I'm up for debating your fat percentage numbers if you like. How did you arrive at them?
  • SaumyataKaushik
    SaumyataKaushik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi There

I m 5'2" and 126 right now. I used to be 118 before pregnancy. Got loose this last pounds and get abs. Trying to eat healthy and workout starts feom tuesday. Feel free to add me
  • fifijoaney
    fifijoaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me please I'm 5ft 4 and 126 pounds, trying to drop more fat but not looking to lose weight. I'm after the ever elusive abs. My goals are more fitness based I've just added crossfit into my routine and really enjoying it.
  • abbyph311
    abbyph311 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 120 at my smallest. I can't imagine you have much fat to lose. That is a pretty healthy weight to maintain. Just eat healthy and do regular strength training :)