Thrive? Ever use it?

Options
2»

Replies

• kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I tried it over a year ago... I got a week sample pack from a friend who was using it and selling it. I started it on a Friday and end up going out of town with work for 5 days on Monday after I started it.. by Friday(day 8) I was out of the products and I was so sick from what I believe was my body detoxing. I will never use the product again. Plus I didn't feel any changes at all.. I was still hungry and didn't really have extra energy..
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had a friend that started using it and I looked it up to see what it does - and I can't figure out what it is supposed to do for you - very vague:

The THRIVE Experience is an 8-week premium lifestyle plan to help individuals experience and reach peak physical & mental levels. You're going to live, look, and feel Ultra Premium like never before! Results from the THRIVE Experience are high impact, and can differ slightly from person to person, depending on your 8-week goal, and which areas of your lifestyle need the most help. Whether your goal is to lose weight, get in the best shape of your life, or simply be the best you can be, we know the 8-Week THRIVE Experience will get you THRIVIN' in all areas of your life!
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I thought I would weigh in again on this topic now that I've been using the product for a few weeks. I have steadily been losing weight (about a lb every 3 days), but that is of course attributed to CICO. So, I cancelled my order initially because for the first 2 weeks or so I didn't really notice that the product was doing anything for me besides helping me skip my multiple cups of coffee throughout the day. However, now that I look back I definitely have more energy, I'm making it to the gym more, and I am not having any difficulty eating moderate portions, which is a big deal for me. So I have actually ordered the product again. I figure I will do the full 8 week experience. I think it is a product that helps you over time and you don't even realize it while it's happening until you look back at the changes that have happened. So unless you are just looking for a wake me up I don't think a 3 day or 7 day trial is adequate.

Of course, all the things I have mentioned you should technically be able to do without a supplement so maybe it is just placebo, either way for myself I figure it's worth the money since it is helping get me on the right path of eating better and moving more. I still wouldn't push this supplement on anyone else. At the end of the day it really is eat less and move more.
  • JodieTriana
    JodieTriana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been an avid exercise person for years. I have ran 5 half marathons and had my weight go up and down. I have taken Thrive for almost 6 months. I think the point should be that there are ingredients in Thrive that are good vitamins. I personally love the shake and like knowing I am getting my probiotics. I ran my 5th half marathon without taking any ibuprofen. I have researched many supplements over the years and there isn't anything bad in Thrive. For all that you get it would cost more to buy it all separately. My husband is a high school basketball ref and when he doesn't take it, all 3 steps he comes home from a night of games in pain. He has been a skeptic and goes days without it trying to prove a point to himself. I didn't see a huge difference in the beginning either. I myself tested going without it for up to 2 weeks and my knee started to bother me again running. I felt way less energy to do my runs and getting up in the morning seemed a little harder. Think what you want, but I feel better and until something is proven its "bad" I'm going to keep feeling good.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    the pains are relieved from the white willow bark which is similar to aspirin and for the energy part there is so much caffeine and caffeine derivatives which is what is giving you the energy and there is also synephrine which it is (similar to ephedra)in the vitamins. and if you are losing a lb every 3 days then its either water weight or your deficit is too big.for those who think its not bad look at the ingredients and the side effects they can have especially on those with health issues, sorry it may have some good vitamins in it but a lot of it is just probiotics,some vitamins and a lot of stimulants.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyone supplements nowadays. Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron, Fish Oil, and Daily Women's...that was mine before Thrive. With a 96% absorption rate, I'm willing to pay a little more over the non-absorbable crap they sell at Walmart. I KNOW that Thrive has benefitted me: I have spent years covering my discomforts with ibuprofen/aspirin/excederin/ANYTHING to give me relief: and only ended up with stomach ulcers. I will take the safe gentle anti-inflammatory relief, along with the improved regularity, increase in motivation, and good mood I get from Thrive any day. I think this comes down to doing your own research and trying it yourself. Make your own judgment: just because something is new and different...doesn't mean it's "bad."
  • ccristal34
    ccristal34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been Thriving for 8 months and only paid once. It works for me.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Could someone give me the 'Reader's Digest condensed version' of what Thrive is? Is this a combination of supplements and shakes?
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Could someone give me the 'Reader's Digest condensed version' of what Thrive is? Is this a combination of supplements and shakes?

An all natural combination of vitamins, minerals, plant extracts, anti-oxidants, enzymes, pro-biotics, and amino acids...it is used to help supplement the nutritional gap that can exist in even a balanced diet.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

MLM/pyramid scheme. Similar to Shakeology, Body by Vi, Herbalife, It Works, etc. made with low quality ingredients with outrageous claims not backed by science.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

MLM/pyramid scheme. Similar to Shakeology, Body by Vi, Herbalife, It Works, etc. made with low quality ingredients with outrageous claims not backed by science.

^ This.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Another MLM scam sold by "friends" with no training in nutrition and "thrive" on selling to the gullible and/or others with very little to no nutrition knowledge.
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I was a teenager I tried my first "diet". I heard something from someone somewhere that Vitamin E capsules helps with weight loss so I bought a bottle. I lost weight like crazy, I later developed an ED and was so obsessed with my Vitamin E capsules that I even hid them from my parents.

So what's the point of my story? It's the placebo effect aka mind over matter. Vitamin E does not make you lose weight, I was just an uneducated 15 year old kid. Please don't take my comment as calling you "uneducated". I merely mean to say sometimes we just don't know everything we should know about the things we put into our bodies. So I would just be sure and do as much homework on it as possible.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

+100 not to mention its full of stimulants and woo(ingredients that claim to help with weight loss but are not proven) and thats just the vitamins. how is that even healthy/all natural? also the side effects from some of the ingredients are scary as hell. low blood sugar,low blood pressure, headache,dizziness,nausea,heart palpatations, liver issues,etc,etc.