Calories I should eat

Options
2»

Replies

• jakeziskin1
    jakeziskin1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's not what I was asking. Ok so is 2000 a day good to lose some weight but also keep my muscle I wouldn't want to lose that so even if I had to only lose 1 pound a week that's fine
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    I wouldn't go under 1500 a day ever and if I did by exercise id eat it back to be over 1500 always But i will eat more like I said I'd eat 1900-2000 what ever is a good balance with weight loss, so I can see some more results. Also I work ojt daily so I'm trying to get my muscles stronger and possibly bigger
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    For the 9 months it took me to lose most of the weight, I ate about 1200 calories a day. If you're wondering if that isn't dangerous, it probably is. But I realized that most of us underestimate our calories even with strict weighing and measuring. I felt very good on 1200 - 1400 calories a day as long as I used those calories for real food and not junk. Also, I never ate back my calories unless I did a mega workout (5 hours or more for biking or 2 hours for running).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go under 1500 a day ever and if I did by exercise id eat it back to be over 1500 always But i will eat more like I said I'd eat 1900-2000 what ever is a good balance with weight loss, so I can see some more results. Also I work ojt daily so I'm trying to get my muscles stronger and possibly bigger

If you want bigger muscles, you can't get that with a steep calorie deficit.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It says I should eat 1900 cal. So if I lose 500, I should be back to 50. That would be 1650 cal a day. OK I can do that, is that going to affect my muscle in a negative way

Yes.
  • jakeziskin1
    Options
    It says I should eat 1900 cal. So if I lose 500, I should be back to 50. That would be 1650 cal a day. OK I can do that, is that going to affect my muscle in a negative way

Yes.

Thanks Mike I can handle this.

If you want bigger muscles, you can't get that with a steep calorie deficit.

For now I just want to lose more fat, even if that means losing muscle to start. But I do appreciate the advice thank you.