Confusion with food habits combined with fast metabolism

Options
2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    This is all really good stuff I need to do some more research cause obviously everyone's body is different but im extremely active my work is active plus im taking a lot of tests so I have to have good cardio and unfortunately im burning so much that I can't keep up with it along with my fast metabolism.

The combo is terrible but there's not much I can do about it

It's not your metabolism that's fast, it's the active work + cardio you're doing.
  • allabouthegains
    allabouthegains Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to not be active I don't have a choice cause my job is delivering to customers all day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's hard for me to not be active I don't have a choice cause my job is delivering to customers all day.

And that is fine. You just have to make sure you are eating a lot of calorie dense foods to make up for that activity. And at least, while you are bulking, cut any additional cardio to make it easier to get calories.

This thread has a running list of calorie dense foods. Find some of the convenience items and keep them with you at work.
  • McKittyJane
    McKittyJane Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine had a similar problem when he was in his 20s-mid 30; would eat lots but coulsnt gain weight because of work and metabolism. So usually he'd drink a big mix of ice cream and protein powder after dinner.
    Also luck yall; i eat about 1000/day! Haha
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    try granola - that stuff is very calorie dense, easy to eat a lot of on the go, and has some micronutrients. you can easily eat 1000+ calories of granola a day. I know this because I have to stop myself from doing that by not buying granola. Get something with nuts in it, like almonds, make sure it's high fat.
  • dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice on here I have gone from 161lbs in August to 178lbs . I know some of that is fat but I am still comfortable still in my 32 inch jeans / trousers which is always a good measure , try to make your own mass gainer by blitzing oats and adding to your protein shake . Food scales are a must , Google high calories nutrient dense foods . Granola is good for breakfast as an example . Don't buy mass gainers they are full of crap make your own it's fun also to do this you can get really creative
    And of course shift some heavy *kitten* Weights and stick to compound lifts
  • edwardmack23
    edwardmack23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Its a weight gainer called cb1 it increases your hunger and diseases and metabolism there for burning less calories and gaining more weight I use it myself and it was successful
  • allabouthegains
    Options
    Its a weight gainer called cb1 it increases your hunger and diseases and metabolism there for burning less calories and gaining more weight I use it myself and it was successful
    I don't want it to increase diseases Lll but this is all good stuff I've been looking for my own stuff to make a protein shake but when I make my own it gets all foamy and fluffy and it doesn't even taste decent.
  • allabouthegains
    Options
    I got a new obsession for those cliff bars all the sudden. Im sure they are more sugar then anything though
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I got a new obsession for those cliff bars all the sudden. Im sure they are more sugar then anything though

Which ones? The builder or energy (carb) bars.
  • allabouthegains
    Options
    That im not sure. Didn't know there were two kinds
  • psuLemon
    Options
    That im not sure. Didn't know there were two kinds

There are several. If they were 270 calories and 25g of pro, its the builder. If they are 230 calories and 10g of pro, then its the enegy bars. Either way, both are delicious.
  • allabouthegains
    Options
    True that won't disagree there the best one is the peanut butter. I love peanut butter
  • Lowrider204
    Lowrider204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    many people say different things. Some tell me to eat anything I can get my hands on cause calories are calories and you need so many each day.
    Others say strict healthy diet not too much of this or that and you should be progressing in your gains....

My metabolism is so fast along with burning numerous calories working.

What do you guys think ?

I'm the same, whatever I gain just tapers downn in the next few days.... more calories. I say carbs, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice. Mixed with a few fruits, and as your friends said whatever you can get your hands on nuts, soup, noodles, bagels. Always gotta have that chocolate an always gotta have that meet, beef or chicken etc. Then just watch the total salt and sugar intake an ur golden man.
  • allabouthegains
    Options
    Yea I have been watching the salt and I've clearly been i taking a lot of that. This week im meal prepping with chicken, white rice, red yellow green peppers, and tomatoes. Then eat two clementines and a banana plus a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Also a protien shake in the morning