i am taking phentermine 37.5

2»

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    TOOK IT for about 3 days, had heart palapatations, and I quit!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    I am currently taking it and have taken it in the past. My dr. will only give it to me for 60 days at a time (like every year or two)-- just to help me get started, get that boost of energy and help me get on track.

Last year, I took it and because it does decrease your appetite and give you tons of energy initially, I was not eating very much at all. After about a week of not eating much of anything, I really began to go a bit psycho! Seriously -- I really noticed and felt it about me and everyone around me - esp. at home - were making comments about my behavior. I stopped taking it and still had a refill on my bottle so I refilled it and am taking it again. This time, I eat all my calories and most of my exercise calories and drink lots of water. I have not noticed many side effects this time and don't really even notice the energy level being increased that much either. I just want to get through the first month of my new lifestyle with a little bit of help.

I took a pill at 7 this a.m. and can tell it's "kicking" in (3-4 hours later) because I get a weird feeling (like goosebumps) across the top of my head and start to feel a bit loopy in my head when it kicks in. It wears off within the hour though and I don't know that it is really doing much for me as far as losing more weight because I had already begun to eat healthy and exercise. I just figured I'd finish off the bottle and see what kind of results I get over the next 3 weeks.

I did recently see a cardiologist for some testing due to my blood pressure and talked to him about taking these again since they increase your heart rate and blood pressure. He said if I was doing it in conjunction with a diet/exercise plan, the benefits of losing the weight outweighed the risks, as long as I was doing it in a healthy way. He did also say they are only to be used short-term (up to a few months).

So we'll see if they aid in my loss the next few weeks. I only lost .8 lbs this week and just started retaking them yesterday so I'm interested to see how much more i lose next week, if any, and is that really due to the pill or due to eating good/exercsing?
This discussion has been closed.