Not losing but gaining

Options
2»

Replies

• Chameleon80
    Chameleon80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    _Figgzie_ wrote: »
    because you are already starting out very light at 132, every calorie in your case counts even more!! A 300 pound person can be loose with logging food and exercise but someone as small as yourself that is so close to goal really has to tighten it up! I know you're gonna kill it!

Thanx figgzie for the motivation.I need to step up my strength training for sure.Good luck to you as well on your journey
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think you should log your food.
    You'd be surprised at how many calories etc. you eat, especially with snacking.
    Try it for a week and see if you notice anything.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    If you're new to logging, you'll find some helpful posts in this MFP "Announcement" thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Also, watch this video. It shows how important weighing your food correctly is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Congrats on the great exercise routine, and good luck!

This
  • Chameleon80
    Chameleon80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanx so much everyone
  • mindystrauss
    mindystrauss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have very similar goals/stats (5'5" g.w. of 125) and I've been losing about .5 - 1 lb per week for the last 3 weeks. My daily goal is 1200 per day but I really struggle with weekends, when I blow through the roof. :/ Let us know how your tracking goes and keep up the good work with exercise!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    m27un wrote: »
    I do 4lbs a week. No drinking at all. 16 cups of lemon water per day. Lots of flax and chia seeds. 1 hour of intense interval cardio every second day. Weight training on in between days!

1600 total calories for me per day!
    1. Four pounds per week is ridiculous, especially for the OP at 5'4" and 132.5 pounds. The most she could push is two pounds per week, though that's not what I'm advising for her. I'm half an inch shorter than OP and I started at 139. I lost 2 pounds per week until I hit 121 then switched to 1 per week until I hit 118, then switched to half a pound because my body communicated that it was not happy with such a deficit anymore. OP doesn't need to burn out.

2. 16 cups of lemon water per day is unnecessary. Lemon water is not a weight loss/fat burning miracle as some people believe. If you're just drinking it because you like the taste, I can tell you that all the acid from the lemons is ruining the enamel on your teeth unless you're rinsing your mouth out thoroughly after each glass and even then some damage will be done. OP doesn't need 16 cups of lemon water to see progress.

Quoting and tagging so @m27un sees this.

Neither are flax and chia seeds magic weight loss pills. If they were, Oprah wouldn't be fat.

Deprivation diets lead to crashing and burning, and gaining everything and more back.

Everything in moderation and sustainability for the win.