Movies that scared you when you were little

Options

Replies

• LizzyMariee
    Options
    The clown movie IT. My dad knew the movie pretty well and would have me and my siblings go up to television when he knew the clown was going to pop up randomly. Got us every time. :laugh:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Salem's Lot but I was very young and I only saw the scene where the kid vampire knocks on his brother's window then bites the brother when he lets him in. I am now a huge Stephen King fan and a horror fan in general.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I know it's already been said, but The Birds scared the living daylight out of me; I wouldn't move from my chair because I was scared the birds would swarm from underneath it and peck at my ankles. I love it now that I know it was based on a freak occurrence, but I still get a little frightened when I come home and there's a line of birds sitting on the power line watching me in silence!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    "The Brave Little Toaster", "The Secret of NIMH", "We're Back", "All Dogs Go To Heaven", "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and "Watership Down".

Mostly "Watership Down". Bloody fields, rabbit with blood all over them, rabbits being shot.. I'm surprised I survived watching that movie.

Seriously, those are all cartoons or have cartoons in them, but they are scary as s@%& with some really dark themes. Go back and re-watch them.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Child's Play. I still hate to see that face/doll.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The exorcist. I was at a friends and I was waaay to young. Also Willy Wonka (the original) scared the crap out of me....
  • jemd8749
    jemd8749 Posts: 6
    Options
    Jaws and Poltergeist. I watch them now and can't stop laughing.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Chucky
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Jimanji... I have no clue why.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Alice in Wonderland and Jaws (I still check the water for sharks when I go in)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I saw a scene from "The Untouchables" when I was little...it scared the living daylights out of me...
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    dark crystal, secret of nimh and watership down.

oh and water world!
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    IT (as in the clown film) I couldn't sleep for nearly two days
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    ET definitely!
    Oh and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. The bad guy in that was really freaking scary!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I was always afraid I'd not have enough time to eat all the treats there!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    The Shining

ETA - I still won't watch Misery...
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    This is a character, not a movie, but the Oompa-Loompas in Willy Wonka (the original).
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Also...not a movie, but The incredible Hulk t.v. show scared the living daylights out of me when he would change.

THANK YOU. You are the first person I've ever heard of who shared this horrible fear. I desperately loved the show and had a little girl crush on Bill Bixby. But when those buttons started popping off his shirt, I would high-tail it out of the room until I knew he was safely "hulkified".

Years passed after the show went off-air and I would not have the occasion to watch it again until I was in the hospital, in labor. The TV Land channel seemed to be an entertaining way to pass the time between epidural and full dilation. THE HULK came on and I squee'd with delight. I explained my long-ago fear of the "in between" state to my husband, which he thought was quite funny.

Lo and behold, it was a "...Hulk" episode I'd never seen before--one in which David is out in the woods and something goes wrong and he gets stuck in the "in between" state for pretty much the entire episode. And here I am, hooked up to IVs and unable to go anywhere. Had I not just told my husband the story of my childhood horror at seeing David Banner morph into the Hulk, he probably wouldn't have taken the remote away from me when I asked him to change the channel. But my hubby is a sick b*stard and he knew that was pretty much the only way I was ever going to get over that fear. :bigsmile:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Chucky and scream