Options
13»

Replies

• JayZ1488
    JayZ1488 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    JayZ1488 wrote: »
    For instance a pound of lettuce is 63 calories. Ok sure it's only 63 calories, and let's say for argument sake I ate it all plain. I may have only consumed 63 calories but I also just ate a pound of food. That pound is still in me and it won't come out as quickly as burning 63 calories off. Hell I can burn 4xs that and would still feel heavy and bloated.

If you don't like consuming a large volume of food, just increase your consumption of calorie dense foods to reach your calorie goals.

You have been very helpful and I really appreciate all your advice. That's what I am going to do. Any foods you'd recommend. Nuts, granola bars, yougurt I feel would be good
  • JayZ1488
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Why are you worried about the actual scale weight of food and water affecting your weight? Those are temporary and will always fluctuate up and down forever. The reason to weigh food is to get an accurate calorie count, not so you know how much you'll weigh immediately upon eating it. That's not even--i don't know how to respond to that. It's silly.
    samgamgee wrote: »
    When we talk about 'weight loss', what we actually mean is 'fat loss'. That's what makes your body look better. The actual weight of the food inside you, and water weight, don't matter unless you're trying to fit into a certain category for a competition. Stop weighing yourself every day, you're clearly obsessing over the scale.

It's not silly nor am I obsessing with the scale. I have lost 45lbs in 6months. I goto the gym 3/5xs a week and set my goal for 1 lb loose a week. I've been eating right, working out and staying under my deficit. I use the scale 2/4 times a week which now I've dropped to 1/2 times. I appreciate the advice but I'm not worried about what food weight goes in, I'm more concerned on how it comes out and how fast that's all. Thanks for the advice
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why are you worried about the actual scale weight of food and water affecting your weight? Those are temporary and will always fluctuate up and down forever. The reason to weigh food is to get an accurate calorie count, not so you know how much you'll weigh immediately upon eating it. That's not even--i don't know how to respond to that. It's silly.
    When we talk about 'weight loss', what we actually mean is 'fat loss'. That's what makes your body look better. The actual weight of the food inside you, and water weight, don't matter unless you're trying to fit into a certain category for a competition. Stop weighing yourself every day, you're clearly obsessing over the scale.

It's not silly nor am I obsessing with the scale. I have lost 45lbs in 6months. I goto the gym 3/5xs a week and set my goal for 1 lb loose a week. I've been eating right, working out and staying under my deficit. I use the scale 2/4 times a week which now I've dropped to 1/2 times. I appreciate the advice but I'm not worried about what food weight goes in, I'm more concerned on how it comes out and how fast that's all. Thanks for the advice

Then you'll need to increase your fibre and drink more.
  • JayZ1488
    Options

Then you'll need to increase your fibre and drink more.

Thanks that makes sence! But when you say drink more how much more? I usually drink 5-6 16.9 water bottles a day
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have you always felt uncomfortable eating food in volume? I ask because you mentioned not using the bathroom as often, so if this sensation is new to you, it might be worth a visit to the doctor just to rule out any medical cause.

Otherwise, yeah, I would think going with more calorie dense foods would make sense. So instead of eating a pound of plain lettuce, maybe have 2-3 oz. of lettuce along with a couple of tablespoons of salad dressing. You might prefer cooked green leafy vegetables, such as sauteed spinach or kale ripped into pieces, tossed with seasonings and olive oil and then baked into kale chips. A dehydrator might be useful - dehydrated veggies are still nutritious but may cause less discomfort when consumed. Snacks such as beef jerky might not weigh you down as much as a comparable serving of meat. You wouldn't want to eat 10 bananas, but perhaps one banana split in half and spread with a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter would still satisfy you with less volume.

Good luck to you!
  • JayZ1488
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Have you always felt uncomfortable eating food in volume? I ask because you mentioned not using the bathroom as often, so if this sensation is new to you, it might be worth a visit to the doctor just to rule out any medical cause.

Otherwise, yeah, I would think going with more calorie dense foods would make sense. So instead of eating a pound of plain lettuce, maybe have 2-3 oz. of lettuce along with a couple of tablespoons of salad dressing. You might prefer cooked green leafy vegetables, such as sauteed spinach or kale ripped into pieces, tossed with seasonings and olive oil and then baked into kale chips. A dehydrator might be useful - dehydrated veggies are still nutritious but may cause less discomfort when consumed. Snacks such as beef jerky might not weigh you down as much as a comparable serving of meat. You wouldn't want to eat 10 bananas, but perhaps one banana split in half and spread with a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter would still satisfy you with less volume.

Good luck to you!

Again your very helpful! I don't think is anything medically. But I like the food ideas you have shown to me, I'm atcually going to buy a food dryer to make my own beefjerkey and dried fruit and veggies!