After 248 days I surpassed my goal!! 388 to 219.6

Options
ShaneLynch1972
ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
I was hoping to hit 220 today, but I guess 219.6 will do. :-) This goes to show if you want something bad enough, and have people that care about you supporting you, you can do anything you set your mind to. I can't even begin to thank everyone that took time out of their lives to join me on my journey. Now for the numbers. Since 6/11/15 I have lost an average of .679 pounds a day, 43.4% of my original weight for a total of 168.4 pounds in 248 days. Nothing spectacular, but not too shabby. This was achieved with no surgeries, and no diet plans. Just a healthy change in diet and a more active lifestyle, but mainly walking. (I'm not knocking anyone that has Gastric Bypass. I had considered it but wanted to give a try without it)

dgu5jb0o25g6.jpg
o35weag5spav.jpg
over.jpg 201.2K
027.JPG 133.1K

Replies

• niamibunni
    niamibunni Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!

Also, I love those shirts! :)
  • sunshinerose52
    sunshinerose52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing - way to go
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is beyond amazing without specific diets, plans, etc...! I was proud of 45 lbs over the same amount of time, busting my hump at the gym and dieting like a body builder!!

Congrats!!!

R
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - great work!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What restaurant is that after pic? It looks like it serves some great dishes. Thanks.
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    What restaurant is that after pic? It looks like it serves some great dishes. Thanks.
    It's a local Mexican restaurant call Fiesta Grande. Very yummy and good prices.
  • Annabinoid
    Annabinoid Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's really amazing. Thanks for sharing your success!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    "Nothing spectacular, but not too shabby." Absolutely spectacular! Proof that people can do this without fad diets.
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look like a million bucks! Nothing spectacular he says. lol Such an accomplishment! Way to go!!
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done
  • Walternator
    Walternator Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A well deserved congratulations to you. You must feel like a million bucks. Just one question though; are you dealing with loose skin? I have quite a bit of weight to lose myself, and have a rather large gut. I am concerned about possibly ending up with a large amount of loose skin when I get to my goal weight.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great work!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Great work! Nothing but spectacular! :)
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    A well deserved congratulations to you. You must feel like a million bucks. Just one question though; are you dealing with loose skin? I have quite a bit of weight to lose myself, and have a rather large gut. I am concerned about possibly ending up with a large amount of loose skin when I get to my goal weight.

The last time I was at this weight was when I was around 25 years old. It's an awesome feeling. I do have a little loose skin on my belly, upper legs, and just a smidge under my arms. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It's nothing like what I have seen on TV shows like "Skin Tight". I am truly lucky and blessed.
  • samjoy
    samjoy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a fantastic job!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I disagree with your assessment. Your weight loss IS spectacular. Well done!
  • brandenburg25
    brandenburg25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! Keep up the good work!
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you eat. Im currently 310 and trying so hard to lose 100 pounds about
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Congratulations!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your achievement! The sense of accomplishment must be very satisfying!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!