What workout program are you doing?

Options
What program are you doing? and how's it working for you? I've never really thought of doing a program for fitness but I've lost motivation and realized that I do SO MUCH better when I've got a plan and schedule - I feel better and a do better so I'm just curious what everyone else is doing.

Replies

• c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts.

Not seeing the scale move much, BUT definitely losing inches. :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Pump currently... sort of. I pretty much just do the same workout (the second hardest) 2-3 times a week.
  • SuzCruz159
    SuzCruz159 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Modified C25K program 3 times per week, just started Les Mills Pump last week.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    Right now Doing the 30 day squat challenge, 30 day calastenics challenge, with fitness benders and stationary bike, kinda my own plan
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 10K and loosely running Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 strength program. (I say loosely because I'm following 3 of the big lifts, leaving deadlifts out for now, and doing my own accessory work.)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    One that I created myself. I created 3 weeks of workouts, each with different exercises and using different equipment that I am cycling through. It keeps me from getting bored.
  • bren102257
    Options
    I have recently started doing yoga and pilates. I love it because it is low impact and doesn't hurt the knees. I have already noticed inches lost. I look forward to my workouts on Mon and Thur back to back for 2 hours.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Right now New Rules of Lifting for Women. Before that was Chalean Extreme. I've also done Insanity. When we were a member at a gym that was closer, I could count on making it to spinning classes 3-4 times per week. I had a lot of luck losing weight with spinning!

I'm a huge fan of having a set schedule and being able to do it at home. It keeps me on task and from making excuses.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    5/3/1 with Smolov Jr. variation.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Insanity and Turbofire hybrid.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I walk. I do plan on having a more well-rounded program in the future, but this seems to be what my body wants right now.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Couch 2 5K and 30 Day Shred. I alternate days and take one day off a week.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    30DS. When I'm finished I will try Ripped in 30 alongside shaking my booty.:wink:
    When it's colder another round of Insanity.

30DS has CUT my belly fat in two...I lost 1 inch although I'm on the slimmer side.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves plus cardio 3 times per week. I'm losing a pound a week on average.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Right now 30 ds and I add in on days I can insanity and les mill combat. Lost the most with insanity.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    "Light weight baby!!" program. Its simple.. aspire to become a bodybuilder and then lift heavy a## weight!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Krissy Cagney's June Shred which I incorporated with running and HIIT workouts. In the middle of week 3 and down lbs.
  • Gstrohm78
    Gstrohm78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't really exercise at all prior to starting my weight loss journey, so I started two DVDs by Jillian Michaels for beginners. One is "Frontside" and the other is "Backside." It is a circuit training program, which combines strength training with cardio. I just started, but so far I believe it is going to be very effective. It is challenging enough to see results, but not so difficult you can't keep it up over time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    5/3/1 with periodization bible variation for my lifting; 10K trainer with trail running variations.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I finished up 12 weeks of Strength for Life a few weeks ago. Been casually going to the gym since then, trying to decide what program to get into next. Am starting to go car less and bike a few miles to the train in the morning (and back in the evening) the last couple of weeks.