Low carb support

Options
Hi. My name is Lorraine and I am looking for friends as I am new to this app. Preferably (but not necessarily exclusively) people who follow a low carb lifestyle to support one another and to share recipes. Paleo or keto are welcomed too. I am 30 years old and I work in the medical field. I am also recently engaged, however, that is not the primary reason I want to lose weight. I just want to be healthy and I have 33 pounds to lose. I gained 30+ pounds over the last two years due to a super stressful job. I am transferring to a different job at the end of this month and have started really focusing on my health again the last two weeks. For exercise I enjoy insanity, T25, p90 workouts, piyo, biking, and just your basic cardio/strength training stuff. I wish you all the best.

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    There's a LCHF group on here if you want to join :) I find instagram and Reddit both very helpful for recipes too, just search for #keto or #ketodiet on IG and I think on reddit it's called /r/ketorecipes.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the main low-carber forum here on MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Also congrats on your recent engagement!
  • raine291
    raine291 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Hello, that's how I lost weight.
  • samciruolo
    samciruolo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 10 lbs just knocking out pasta, bread and soda. I have 15 to go and will be taking my diet to the next level. Add me if you want another friend.
  • danceparty16
    danceparty16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am also in the medical field and understand how long hours can derail your diet. I started low carb yesterday and am hoping to use this plan to lose 65 lbs.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    List 30 lbs here not eating breads, rice, pasta, sodas and watching sugar intake.
    Adding exercise in helps to maintain.
    Good luck !
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not low carb per say but I am lower carb. I eat less than 80g/day. I have gotten really good at coming up with recipes with lower carbs. I don't eat breads, rice, pasta, potatoes and I watch my sugar intake other than coffee! LOL Anyway... feel free to add me.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have decided to not eat as much bread, and no rice, potatoes, or pasta. I am eating my cereal.
  • ktemjackson
    ktemjackson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I definitely want to be in a low carb group as for me I believe that's the only long term solution to managing my weight. I need to lose 25 pounds and I'd like to do it by the end of June. Would love low carb friends!!
  • dietplanmarine
    dietplanmarine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunnie,

I'm a personal trainer, you can take a look on my social medias (@befitwithmarine).
    If you have any question or need some motivation, I'll be happy to help you.
    You can take a look on my website : www.befitwithmarine.com

Have a good day

Marine