RASPBERRY KETONES.....GOOD OR BAD?

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    @Acg67 .......noooo I'm no rat. I actually had a relative who is in very good shape tell me about this. Good grief, who pooped in your special K this morning?! :wink:

Providing that this thread stays open...

You're going to get a lot of sarcastic comments or even angry comments. Dr. Oz gets those kinds of reactions on the forums....people either love him or hate him.

Why would you quote my post, as it's the only one that is actually relevant to the OP's question

I didn't quote your post.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Disregard rude, negative, and/or condescending comments. Truthfully, like some others, I am skeptical of Dr. Oz (as well as any T.V. doctor). Hard work, and cleaning up my diet is what worked for me. :)

Thank you :smile:

No one was rude or negative.

These threads come up daily on MFP. Do it the way you're supposed to, through hard work and eating better.

Make it a lifestyle change.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OP, member since 2011 and NEVER come across this topic on the message boards before? It's ridiculous that the exact same topic can be posted over and over with the exact same responses. If these things worked the world would be thin, not exactly rocket science.
    MFP: I propose implementing a system, similar to the food diary where you can't enter an item that's already in the database. :devil: :explode: :mad:
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Raspberries are delicious, why not just eat the whole thing?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I've heard people whom havent lifted a finger lose weight with these supplements....
    Plenty of people have lost weight without lifting a finger - it has absolutely zero to do with useless "magic pill" diet scams. Speaking purely in terms of weight loss, exercise is not necessary if your diet puts you in a caloric deficit. If calories ingested < calories expended, you will lose weight.
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @Faye_Anderson Nope, never asked about this nor have I come across this topic because I've never tried dietary supplements before. But thanks anyway.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options
    @Faye_Anderson Nope, never asked about this nor have I come across this topic because I've never tried dietary supplements before. But thanks anyway.

Ever heard of the search function :flowerforyou:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    AWKWARD.gif

you have made me dizzy lol
  • Jenny56dreams
    Jenny56dreams Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind input. For those of you who just like being nasty, I'm going to send you a baseball bat so you can beat me to a bloody pulp with it. I'm guessing this will make you happy. :heart: :flowerforyou: LOVE YOU! MEAN IT!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    OP, member since 2011 and NEVER come across this topic on the message boards before? It's ridiculous that the exact same topic can be posted over and over with the exact same responses. If these things worked the world would be thin, not exactly rocket science.
    MFP: I propose implementing a system, similar to the food diary where you can't enter an item that's already in the database. :devil: :explode: :mad:

But you still had to click read and express your opinion... interesting
  • Sewilban
    Sewilban Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have to say ... for a community-based fitness and nutrition site, all the comments I've seen in response to this post have been incredibly judgmental. Personally, I joined this site to have a community of like-minded peers who are as focused on healthy living as I am - but I don't see that through what I've read today. I don't see the sense in making someone feel bad about herself because she reached out and asked a question. Does calling someone stupid, or a rat, make you somehow feel better about yourself? I'm sure it didn't make her feel better about herself. Just sayin'.

As far as the actual topic is concerned - both MedWatch and WebMD have stated that while there is no reliable scientific evidence to prove the supplement as effective, there has been notable documentation to prove its effectiveness in regards to weight loss.

I've never personally tried them, but there's evidence and/or documentation to merit both sides.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    They fall under the same category as this...

snakeoil20.jpg?w=251&h=251

Just the modern version. Anything promising you some kind of miracle weight loss is just snake oil. The folks like Dr. Oz are the equivalent of those traveling snake oil salesmen of yesteryear. If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz actually endorsed the use of raspberry ketones for weight loss on his show (google Dr oz raspberry ketones for the segment of the show video), and yes, while I am aware that many people think he is selling "snake oil", he is actually a quite well respected and renowned cardiologist. That being said, I still am very wary of anything that is sold as "weight loss" products. As far as these were concerned, after researched, I decided, no harm to try these particular supplements. I have taken them for a few months. I don't know that they are really making any difference, as I am also eating correctly and exercising, so would be losing weight anyway. I don't feel like the weight loss is any quicker, and I am not purchasing any more. I wish you luck and success in your journey!

Cardiologist? Maybe.

Effective supplement recommender...(...recommendationist? suggestioner? recommendor? Whatever, you know what I mean...)? Not so much.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Disregard rude, negative, and/or condescending comments. Truthfully, like some others, I am skeptical of Dr. Oz (as well as any T.V. doctor). Hard work, and cleaning up my diet is what worked for me. :)

Thank you :smile:

No one was rude or negative.

These threads come up daily on MFP. Do it the way you're supposed to, through hard work and eating better.

Make it a lifestyle change.
    Exactly....considering this topic is posted multiple times a day, the responses were pretty mellow really..you have to take it with a grain of salt around here (and a little humor). I didn't see anything in this thread that qualifies as "nasty".

Now, if you start one asking if you should try HGC......or maybe one about how people are "so mean" on here, I bet you can actually reach a serious level of NASTY!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Options

But you still had to click read and express your opinion... interesting

Yes, and obviously not the only one, thanks for feeling the need to single me out :drinker:
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    key to the key to the key to the ketones!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have to say ... for a community-based fitness and nutrition site, all the comments I've seen in response to this post have been incredibly judgmental. Personally, I joined this site to have a community of like-minded peers who are as focused on healthy living as I am - but I don't see that through what I've read today. I don't see the sense in making someone feel bad about herself because she reached out and asked a question. Does calling someone stupid, or a rat, make you somehow feel better about yourself? I'm sure it didn't make her feel better about herself. Just sayin'.

As far as the actual topic is concerned - both MedWatch and WebMD have stated that while there is no reliable scientific evidence to prove the supplement as effective, there has been notable documentation to prove its effectiveness in regards to weight loss.

I've never personally tried them, but there's evidence and/or documentation to merit both sides.

The OP could of used the handy dandy "search" feature and found a billion threads on Ketones and why they are absolute BS...

the reason some of us - myself included - get a little snarky is because you are on MFP to track calories and eat in a deficit..not find some German wundermachine that magically converts fat into muscle and makes you increase your metabolism while sitting on the couch drinking a 12 pack of beer and eating twinkes every thirty minutes...

what do you think of that?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    @Acg67 .......noooo I'm no rat. I actually had a relative who is in very good shape tell me about this. Good grief, who pooped in your special K this morning?! :wink:

Guaranteed, you will always get snarky responses from a lot of people here.

guaranteed, if people research before asking questions the snark will be minimal.

TomsMindBlown.gif
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Do they at least taste like raspberries if you grind them up in a smoothie?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hmmm you don't know if it works but you bought some? I think your order is reversed here...

Raspberry ketones do zero for metabolism, get a refund...

I plan to......:ohwell:

YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Eat right
    Work hard.
    Rinse
    Repeat.