How I lost 26 pounds in 42 days

Options
Hi! My name is Nick. I am 23 years old, and 5'3.

Starting Weight- 160
Current Weight- 134

I loved food, and was really addicted to eating unhealthy. I would order dominos stuffed cheesy bread every other day because that was my biggest weakness. That and spicy buffalo wheat thins. And Ice Cream. I would eat ice cream for breakfast sometimes.

Anyways, I started drinking water, I cut out soda almost completely (I drink an occasional diet soda.) I started working out on my tower 200 and walking to Subway. What I used to get at Subway was a footlong veggie delight on Italian Herbs and Cheese bread with provolone cheese, lettuce tomato, onion, green pepper, banana pepper, and jalapeno peppers. Now, I thought that it was healthy because it was loaded with vegetables. But no, not with the bread and cheese choices. Now I get a 6 inch veggie delight on 9 grain wheat bread with the insides scooped out. I either put no cheese on it, or just provolone. My toppings are Spinach, Tomato, Onion, Green Pepper, Banana Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Pepper, and Oregano. I also get those in a salad, but I occasionally put oven roasted chicken breast on it. I also stocked the freezer with healthy choice and lean cuisine meals as well as chicken, and fish. When I go to Applebees or Red Lobster, I get something under 550 calories or from the lighthouse menu. I do not add any extra salt ever. I stocked the cabinets with Special K cereal bars and snacks. I have done some cheating (Like last night I ate pizza for the first time in over 40 days but it had just mushrooms, onions, and peppers.) but I do it all in moderation. I also have a shakeweight for men and a McDavid toning belt. What that does is it makes you sweat around your abdomen while you work out so you will lose flab around your stomach. I also got the seat on my stationary bike fixed so I can do more cardio. AND I started taking vitamins in the morning.

Okay, I'll shut up. :)
Anyway....in 42 days I have lost 26 pounds. Went from 160 to 134. And I am 5'3
If you have any questions, leave them here and I will answer. :)

Replies

• shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You seriously have a shakeweight?
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    Yep. I bought the shakeweight for men. That WITH the toning great in a great combination.

46292399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's the little changes that make a big difference. Congrats!
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Pictures please! Those are crazy results.
    So you do not have trouble with the sodium levels in the pre-made lunch meals? I would bloat up like a balloon and gain 2 lbs on the scale from sodium/water retention. Have to avoid them at all costs.
  • albaehr
    albaehr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow thats is Awesome, great job
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yep. I bought the shakeweight for men. That WITH the toning great in a great combination.

46292399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

video or it didnt happen :) :P

very good job!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!!! Congrats!!! Doesn't sound like you did anything unhealthy or drastic to lose either!! Way to go!
  • Archaedis
    Archaedis Posts: 2
    Options
    Way to go! Thank you so much for sharing! Your results are a wonderful inspiration!!
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Haven't read responses so idk if someone has already pointed this out....

Toning belts do not help you lose "flab" around the middle. They help you lose WATER, which is something your body needs. So cut the toning belt out. Some of your pounds lost are superficial because they're coming from water weight you've lost which you will gain right back when you drink something. Also, this dehydrates you which is a no-no.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    fantastic:flowerforyou:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Haven't read responses so idk if someone has already pointed this out....

Toning belts do not help you lose "flab" around the middle. They help you lose WATER, which is something your body needs. So cut the toning belt out. Some of your pounds lost are superficial because they're coming from water weight you've lost which you will gain right back when you drink something. Also, this dehydrates you which is a no-no.

This. How much of this rapid weight loss was water loss?

26 lbs of fat would be 91,000 calorie deficit. Over 42 days, that would be 2,166 calorie deficit each day. I'm sorry OP, most of what you lost will come back once your body gets that water back.

Even if you had succeeded in that sort of deficit, it would be extremely detrimental to your heath.
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    Well, the toning belt stopped doing it's magic a couple of days ago so I'm looking to get rid of it.
    Besides, I am almost done with my journey.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    troll
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband got the Shakeweight as a joke from one of his friends. Complete with the DVD and everything. It looks so silly, and I was skeptical but I can kind of see how it would work!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    23 and male...end of story..sorry but most (I said most..not all) guys can cut back on beer and ice cream and lose weight..
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    cool story bro
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    congrats though on your healthier food choices..:flowerforyou:
  • Nicktheicequeen
    Options
    23 and male...end of story..sorry but most (I said most..not all) guys can cut back on beer and ice cream and lose weight..

Ummm....good for them?