• troll

Who, me?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    In for a golden thread in the making
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    WTG!
    I did 18lbs in 55 days and thought that was awesome. lol (and before everyone responds to my post I drink bout 130oz of water daily..so NO it wasn't water weight)
    Congratulations on your healthier lifestyle!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    yes..I just tried to delete my rude reply but there wasn't a delete option...so I'll leave the snippy reply and just offer my apologies..congrats on the weight loss too..
  • BUMP
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    There are many days when I fervently wish that Youtube didn't exist. This is one of them.
  • MatthewMacG
    MatthewMacG Posts: 27 Member
    Well done on your weight loss!

However I wouldn't recommend your diet as it isn't healthy, its basically takeaway sandwiches, microwave meals and sugar coated cereal. Obviously weight loss is as simple as calories out being higher than calories in, therefore weight loss happens. I would now work on reshaping your diet to include whole foods, less salt and more fibre.

Rapid weight loss should never be encouraged. I lost 18 pounds in two weeks when I started MyFitnessPal, however I weigh much more than you and followed the recommended calories. Now my rate of loss has slowed down after the initial water loss.

Goodluck with your weight loss :)
  • I weigh myself everyday.
    I am literally afraid of gaining weight, so I work out after each and every meal.
  • There are many days when I fervently wish that Youtube didn't exist. This is one of them.

How nice of you.
    *eyeroll*
  • BUMP!
  • MatthewMacG
    MatthewMacG Posts: 27 Member
    Sounds like you are developing an eating disorder. You don't need to keep bumping your post, if people are interested it will remain on the first page. However you aren't giving good advice, you are basically promoting a unhealthy diet with disorder forming behaviour.

Congratulations on your weight loss, but I don't recommend your methods and suggest you follow a healthier diet along with getting weighed once a week unless you wish to do more harm than good in the long term. This isn't a sprint, its a marathon.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    There are many days when I fervently wish that Youtube didn't exist. This is one of them.

There should be a YouTube test or other certification.

At least, carry a warning that no one will be smacked in the face with the shake weight. I feel cheated.

With that being said...congrats on your loss so far!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Great work on the loss but... most of that would have come from muscle. That shake weight doesn't have a ton of resistance and won't do much for you. The belt, just makes you lose water. Sweating does mean fat loss.

If you workout after each and every meal you need to go see a doctor. Losing that much so quickly and feeling like you have to workout after each meal in fear of gaining weight is not healthy. Go see a doctor!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    I just cant get a warm and fuzzy over this story.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    23 and male...end of story..sorry but most (I said most..not all) guys can cut back on beer and ice cream and lose weight..

Jealous much?

To me he did a great job in changing his life to eating better and exercising (which will increase weight loss by at least 100%)

In the same amount of days, I lost 10lbs, and 1 month of that was not truly dedicated (no exercise, junk food, fast food) All I did was stick to smaller proportions.

I had 40% fat, I am 4 foot 9, 26 years old. Weighed 187.

I am now 177lb 6 weeks later. I eat a LOT more healthier (and I ENJOY it). I weight lift 3x a week, and walk 2 hours a week.

Good job, OP, you're working hard and it's showing :)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hi! My name is Nick. I am 23 years old, and 5'3.

Starting Weight- 160
    Current Weight- 134

I loved food, and was really addicted to eating unhealthy. I would order dominos stuffed cheesy bread every other day because that was my biggest weakness. That and spicy buffalo wheat thins. And Ice Cream. I would eat ice cream for breakfast sometimes.

Anyways, I started drinking water, I cut out soda almost completely (I drink an occasional diet soda.) I started working out on my tower 200 and walking to Subway. What I used to get at Subway was a footlong veggie delight on Italian Herbs and Cheese bread with provolone cheese, lettuce tomato, onion, green pepper, banana pepper, and jalapeno peppers. Now, I thought that it was healthy because it was loaded with vegetables. But no, not with the bread and cheese choices. Now I get a 6 inch veggie delight on 9 grain wheat bread with the insides scooped out. I either put no cheese on it, or just provolone. My toppings are Spinach, Tomato, Onion, Green Pepper, Banana Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Pepper, and Oregano. I also get those in a salad, but I occasionally put oven roasted chicken breast on it. I also stocked the freezer with healthy choice and lean cuisine meals as well as chicken, and fish. When I go to Applebees or Red Lobster, I get something under 550 calories or from the lighthouse menu. I do not add any extra salt ever. I stocked the cabinets with Special K cereal bars and snacks. I have done some cheating (Like last night I ate pizza for the first time in over 40 days but it had just mushrooms, onions, and peppers.) but I do it all in moderation. I also have a shakeweight for men and a McDavid toning belt. What that does is it makes you sweat around your abdomen while you work out so you will lose flab around your stomach. I also got the seat on my stationary bike fixed so I can do more cardio. AND I started taking vitamins in the morning.

Okay, I'll shut up. :)
    Anyway....in 42 days I have lost 26 pounds. Went from 160 to 134. And I am 5'3
    If you have any questions, leave them here and I will answer. :)

Well done OP. It was obvious from before you started that you were eating way, way above what you actually needed.

Well done on your new choices and to the person who says they the OP is now eating just fastfood and snack bars - READ THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE AGAIN, because the OP is not doing that - they have substituted crap for much more healthy choices. The snackbars are I, presume, to replace the rubbish that used to be consumed during any snacktimes.

OP take no notice of those that ridicule your exercise routine either, ALL moving about is beneficial to your weightloss but some people think it is all about lifting heavy and nothing else, take no notice.

Well done :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    23 and male...end of story..sorry but most (I said most..not all) guys can cut back on beer and ice cream and lose weight..
    And your evidence for most? Why do you assume all guys eat beer and Ice cream?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Good job!

I gave up soda, junk food and started swimming and lost about 30 lbs. since April. It's a good feeling.

Just be careful not to let go of your new habits or the weight will come back
    > with friends!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I weigh myself everyday.
    I am literally afraid of gaining weight, so I work out after each and every meal.

you do know that this is in no was normal or healthy behaviour?
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Congratulations! Enjoy your new slimmer self and best of luck keeping it off.

26 lbs of water weight? I think I have heard it all now...