Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Smoking is bad for living in general if you value your health at all.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Smoking, in general, doesn't have an impact on weight loss. You're behaviors associated with smoking, as well as the other health affects it has can affect it though.

For instance, if the nicotine curbs your appetite, you might lose weight by starting (or keep weight off by not stopping, or gain weight by stopping). However, the impaired lung function could affect how well your body functions, thus limiting the number of calories you can burn (can't run or walk as much, get winded doing everyday activities, so you stop doing as much, etc).

But smoking cigarettes doesn't add or remove calories, so it can't make you lose or gain weight.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well, I mean you'll probably lose weight from the chemo when you get lung cancer from smoking.
  • clevelandkat40
    clevelandkat40 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way: I weigh more than I did before I quit smoking four years ago (after 27 years as an addict). But I feel a million times better, and I LOOK a million times better, because I'm now able to work out instead of hacking up a lung every time I tried to do any kind of cardio. I'll take a few extra pounds, and I'm addressing those pounds in a gradual, healthy way. My husband actually THINKS I weigh less than I did ten years ago, because I've so improved my muscle tone. Shhhhh.....don't tell! :-)

Smoking isn't good for you. If you don't smoke, don't start. If you do smoke, be kind to yourself and your family, and quit. It isn't easy, but it's the best gift you could ever give yourself.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 244 lb

How many packs a day are you smoking? Have you tried increasing or decreasing the number to see what happens?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Lol dude, you've asked some weird and seemingly extreme questions on here, but this one takes the cake.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    :huh: :noway:

^^This...............seriously? Ever seen anyone with lung cancer or emphysema or COPD?
    What do you think putting smoke intentionally into your lungs does to them, not to mention the lungs of the people you subject to 2nd hand smoke.
    1 Quit smoking first (or don't start to begin with)
    2 Lose weight.
    In this order.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Smoking is bad for living in general if you value your health at all.

This.
    pzarnosky wrote: »
    Well, I mean you'll probably lose weight from the chemo when you get lung cancer from smoking.

And this.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    As someone with chronic asthma, I'd gladly keep the 40 lbs I have yet to lose on my body forever if it meant I could have healthy lungs.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

How many packs a day are you smoking? Have you tried increasing or decreasing the number to see what happens?

I just started :disappointed:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since we've had a decent troll thread!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options

Funniest thing I have read all day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Then I vote decrease. To zero. Immediately.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

^Just quit.
    Seriously! Trust me, you can lose the weight without smoking.
    You do not need to smoke to lose weight. I watched my mother die from emphysema, my oldest sister die @ age 54 from lung cancer, both life long smokers. Do not do this to yourself..............please.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If this is for real, quit. Like right now. Before you get addicted.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

^Just quit.
    You do not need to smoke to lose weight. I watched my mother die from emphysema, my oldest sister die @ age 54 from lung cancer, both life long smokers. Do not do this to yourself..............please.

:( i will finish one pack then i will quit. 16 cigarettes are left :wink:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

^Just quit.

:( i will finish one pack then i will quit. 16 cigarettes are left :wink:

Throw the effers out!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    As someone who has seen a lot of people suffer from lung cancer and coronary diseases (both linked to smoking), just don't. Additionally, there are plenty of overweight smokers.

Overall plan 0/10
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Additionally, it can make cardio more challenging. Because of breathing, ya know?