Let's lose 100lbs

Options

Replies

• kst69
    kst69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 146 pounds. Please add me, I am just getting started and could use the motivation / inspiration and accountability. It seems like a big number, I know I can do it, but I would love some friends.
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I definitely have more than 100 lbs to lose, and I lost almost that much almost 4 years ago, but I was on low carb, and eventually slipped up and never really committed again. I've had trouble getting motivated, because I'm not in school and can't find a job, but I figure I have to start being positive somewhere.

I think it's safe to say that I'm starting fresh this time, and not trying to eliminate any single thing.
  • monicaale38
    monicaale38 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OakMan60 wrote: »
    Started Jan 4th and down 42 lbs. Still a long way to 125 but hanging in there! Hoping for significant progress by the birth of my granddaughter in June. That keeps me motivated!

How did you do it?
  • catvickob
    catvickob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    I logged in all my food , exercise and most importantly the support group on this app. Don't worry you got this☺️
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Aiming to lose at least 100 lbs, may go up to as much as 125 lbs, but I will determine that as I get closer to my final goal. I'm down about 18 lbs, started in November right before Thanksgiving, but due to holidays was not super into it until after the New Year (I did manage to lose the first 5-6 lbs in that time though, even through the enormous holiday dinners).

I'm active daily, generally only not posting on weekends (this is family time), so feel free to add me!

ETA:
    Things I'm doing:
    -WATER, WATER, WATER. I drink SO much water every day. Almost a gallon (you probably don't need quite that much but it keeps me from the sugary teas and sodas and juices that are empty cals)
    -I started weighing all of my food. Down to the ketchup I put on my burger. I also prep grab bags and pre-portion out meats so I'm not always weighing as I cook, I can just grab and go.
    -Walk. I literally do hardly anything else at all. Like ever. You can catch me doing the occasional set of squats, running in place or perhaps some jumping jacks trying to keep the blood flowing and myself awake at my boring desk job.
    -I traded out a lot of my snacks with healthy snacks. I do still allow myself sweets and junk foods BUT I am much more careful about it now, eating only a serving (or even a half serving sometimes if it's like chips) of them now and again.
    -Make sure all my entries have the correct info. There are SO MANY different entries when searching for foods that it gets a little confusing and messy out there. I always double check and make sure I'm logging the appropriate ones.

As I progress I hope to do a little more exercises. Hoping to work up to a C25K then maybe get into some strength training as I come closer to goal.

sounds like you are very motivated!! Water and walking, the most important w's in a women's life!

I certainly am! Tired of being overweight and worrying about my health. Hate being winded trying to play with the little one and just tired of being tired all the time!

Still open to any friends! The more the merrier!
  • Parisgirl0408
    Parisgirl0408 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ and need motivation!! Please add me too!!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Today I stumbled across a web site ... www.healthy-ojas.com ... that offered a macronutrient calculater which showed something interesting that I have heard before, but never saw in this way.

Ater I put in my height, weight, age and activity level it came back with 2 sets of macros with examples for each meal; one for weight loss and one for no loss ...

Now here's the intersting part ... in both of them, Dinner had the lightest amount of calories.

Breakfast was the highest caloric allowance and the snacks were set between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner.

My usual pattern of eating has been about the same number of calories between breakfast and lunch, a bigger ratio of calories at dinner, and an evening snack. .... Hmm.... maybe I need to swtich my meals and have my dinner at breakfast.
  • rshaw11
    rshaw11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have about 190 lbs to lose. I've been back at it for two weeks and the scale is moving in the right direction! Anyone, feel free to add me!
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    74 days into this new journey... down 38 lbs...62 to go WAHOOOO!!!
    broke my step record yesterday ..20, 139 steps.. just under 9 miles. no stopping me now!!!!

How do you eat an elephant?....... one bite at a time

we do this one day at a time. one pound at a time... never look at the total you want to lose, just what you have accomplished.
    this process works. log your food ,every bite, eat at a deficit .don't eat back any earned calories and move your body.... i won't wish anyone luck... no luck involved... i'll wish you determination and perserverance
  • nmwhitney12
    nmwhitney12 Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me on here has well!
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm at 51 days, 21 lbs lost, 130lbs to go. Add me if you like!
  • bbcbw
    bbcbw Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    New here. Need to lose 40 50 lbs. I'm stay at home mom and don't have opportunity to go out that much for walks etc plus its summer here. Need some friends for accountability and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    After losing 34kg with MFP, a lot happened, I started working full time, relationship break up, move across the country. You know the usual excuses. I started at 127kg and got down to 93kg. I am now back up to 115.5kg. It's scary how easy it happens when life gets in the way. So I am back with renewed vigor and looking to lose about 50kg (110lb). So you will probably see me regularly I hope.
  • Robynbird54
    Robynbird54 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My name is Robyn and I want to lose 100lbs this year. I rejoined MFP the first of March. My starting weight was 257.0 and I have lost 2 so far. I am tired of trying and not making it. I want to stay with calorie counting and get to my goal. Since I have started... MFP has helped me to make better choices in my eating and I have had a lot of stress in my family. Three teens/young adults who think that they are grown. :smiley: BTW: I am 61 years old and I know that this will take time and focus.
  • yuko_125
    yuko_125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Yuko. My ultimate goal is to lose 100lb. Lost 50lb in the past just to gain back even more. It's going to be a long journey, but I'm determined to succeed and keep the weight off this time. I will need all the support I can get and would love to support others with similar goals. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I've noticed something very interesting ... and this is not the first time I've noticed it but it seems to be something i keep forgetting ...
    ... I am not hungry when I don't include simple sugar carbohydrates in my food plan. My calories then, with such easy satiety tend to run at the lowest range of acceptable and healthy. No white flour bread or rolls, no candy bar or pie equals no cravings and no hungry feelings, ample intake of high quality nutritious foods, and a splendid feeling of lightness in my middle. But ...

But ... it gets harder as more days go by where I am exposed to the advertising and displays of the items in the stores I shop. At about day 7 of this, when I'm in the grocery store, that kind of stuff seems to cry out to me from it's shelves 'take me, take me home' ... that's when I have to be strong. It's not hard to be strong at first, but at the second or third shopping trip it gets to be harder as my eyes seem to be glued to those products at the checkout; as I walk past to get to the fresh produce; at the ends of the aisles as I turn the corners. And then the second wave of longing (?) kicks in and I think to myself that I am so very busy, a quick trip to the Pizza/Sub shop, or the fast food drive-through, or a donut shop coffee would be so nice and convenient ... and after all, aren't there healthier choices there now also? ...

That is when I need to become my strongest self. I pick up the phone to call for a delivery or pickup order ... and then I hang it up and go into the kitchen and prepare something quick and easy and filling, and actually quite tasty ... and I hug myself as I wait for the pan to heat up and tell myself that there were harder things I have worked through than this ... that the habit of taking the easy way out is loosening it's grip on me ... that I am winning!
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am looking for an accountability partner who will keep me on track. I will in turn, keep you motivated and focused on your goals. I have lost 70+ lbs and have another 60lbs to go. Feel free to add me!
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's exciting to see so many people dedicated to losing weight. I want to lose some weight as well. Add me, folks, if you want.
  • eaglesgirl77
    eaglesgirl77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new as well, got a new garmin vivofit2 free from work cause I don't have to take it off to charge. So if you want a buddy feel free to reach out to me, I could use an accountability friend as well and some Garmin Connect friends :smiley:
  • dschoenbein
    dschoenbein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This is the group I need! I want to lose 100lbs - started October 5, 2015. Down 23lbs so far. I still feel great and am motivated (I'm 1/4 of the way there!)

My weight loss is slow recently but i' m working on developing muscle mass and losing inches too - down almost as many inches as pounds!

Add me if you're motivated and want to encourage each other!

You can do this! I started at the same time Oct 2015. I also am just breaking through a slow time/plateau and am now down 30 lbs. I will weigh officially tomorrow. Keep it up!