Favorite pre and post workout supplements?

Options
124»

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    Juice Plus Complete shakes....they are amazing fuel, and they reduce oxidative stress along with uric acid levels. I have little to no soreness after a workout.
    I take Juice Plus Capsules every day as well...over 20 fruits and veggies (whole foods) in a capsule. Fantastic product!
    Used by many Olympic athletes.

I am sure that is what is promoted, but I highly doubt that is reality. Dosage is a huge thing. So they could put trace amounts of 20 fruits and veggies, but I guarantee you that by dosage, it is no where near that. Also, that is no different than the shakeology pitch.

No, it's just a HUGE capsule! ;)

Like this @Wheelhouse15 :joy:
    25323223.Big_little_1.JPG
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    Juice Plus Complete shakes....they are amazing fuel, and they reduce oxidative stress along with uric acid levels. I have little to no soreness after a workout.
    I take Juice Plus Capsules every day as well...over 20 fruits and veggies (whole foods) in a capsule. Fantastic product!
    Used by many Olympic athletes.

I am sure that is what is promoted, but I highly doubt that is reality. Dosage is a huge thing. So they could put trace amounts of 20 fruits and veggies, but I guarantee you that by dosage, it is no where near that. Also, that is no different than the shakeology pitch.

No, it's just a HUGE capsule! ;)

Like this @Wheelhouse15 :joy:
    25323223.Big_little_1.JPG

Pretty much!
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My favourite supplement: food

Only creatine and protein powder are worth buying. Everything else is a money grab.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Typically I don't take any pre-workout but I am trying some caffeine tabs at 200mg.

Post workout is a scoop of unflavoured whey in water. I only take protein after a workout, so that's 3x weekly.

Creatine didn't do anything for me.

I do however take fish oil capsules and D3 every morning.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I consume creatine pre-workout, BCAA's during, and protien post-workout. I have found I have more energy during my workouts, if I consume my BCAA's during exercise.
  • watchmeshred
    watchmeshred Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ive recently tried jym pre jym this week and let me tell you... i have been going to the gym early in the morning before work, ill have a quick walk on the treadmill during lunch and im always craving for another workout after work. I even look forward to walking from the station to home instead of driving home. I take pre workout sup in the morning and it will lasts me till 11 pm at night (thats the time i normally get home). Once i hit the bed, i still dont feel tired but as soon as i close my eyes, i have no problem sleeping right away like a big baby