Longest time spent being single?

Options

Replies

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    I have been married for 20+ years. seems like married people are thinking singles have most fun and singles are thinking married people have fun. I know most times I envy the fun my single friends have!

So true! The grass always looks greener. I remind myself every day how lucky I am to be healthy, happy and to have a great husband. But some days it would be nice to feel free and single again able to run off to Vegas at a moments notice lol
  • WeCanLoseItJeff
    WeCanLoseItJeff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 7 years now. I don't "need" to be with someone..but I'd really love to be with someone who cares about me and wants to spend time with me. I miss the romance and doing things together as a couple and having someone in my life who gives me that tingly feeling when I think about her. That being said, I'm ok with being single...I'd just prefer not to be. So...ladies...I'm available for the right woman. :smiley: I just thought I'd toss that out there...just in case.
  • chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was married for twenty years, been single for almost nine years, last date was over five years ago. I am fine with it, I like my time to myself. I am also raising two kids and that is my highest priority, along with my physical and mental health.
    Sometimes I do miss male company, and maybe I'll get out there again someday, but for now I am very happy with my life. I love my freedom.
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The longest I've been single was 4 years. Then I met the most beautiful young woman I had ever seen. She was smart, talented, and charming. She played hard to get for 2 months. Finally I got drunk enough to be terrifyingly honest with her about how she made me feel and it actually worked. That was 2 years ago. And we broke up today.
  • dvis334
    dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Point is I feel like *kitten* now. Moral of the story: Stay single.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    dvis334 wrote: »
    Point is I feel like *kitten* now. Moral of the story: Stay single.

Are you kidding? I LOVE being married. I still have my freedom, and my husband and I spend time apart occasionally...like this weekend. The key is finding the right person.
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Been single (and dateless) for the past three years. My problem is not so much the being single, it's the being single because I'm not good enough for anybody that really gets me down and feel lonely/inferior etc. If I didn't feel ugly and repugnant I'd probably enjoy being single a lot more.
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Been single (and dateless) for the past three years. My problem is not so much the being single, it's the being single because I'm not good enough for anybody that really gets me down and feel lonely/inferior etc. If I didn't feel ugly and repugnant I'd probably enjoy being single a lot more.

You look amazing! I creeped your profile lol You have come so far in your goals. Forget those twits that say your not good looking enough for them. You shouldn't be with someone who only likes you based on your looks. If you lived closer I would def. take you out for drinks :p

• kitten367
    kitten367 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been single for exactly 2 years now no I don't feel alone, long distant relationship w my child father but we are not together and were fine
  • just_silk
    just_silk Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was single for 4 or 5 years. Never bothered me. Married now and happy in that too. I think the trick is to like your own company and then wait for someone whose company you enjoy just as much. Can't go wrong then.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    12 years
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think a year... and I just broke up with my boyfriend on Friday... forgot what that feels like until now.. ouch

You make it sound like it's the most depressing thing ever to be single. Pathetic. I love being single.

Woah.. sits back for the show!

Btw, I have to agree with him.. I'd love to be single now! Not to date.. but to be me.. no one telling me what to do, wear, when to be home, who to chill with.

I miss me.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had a few boyfriends in highschool and started dating my husband when we were 18. He's been my best friend for the last 15 years. So I guess I've never really been single as an adult.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I think a year... and I just broke up with my boyfriend on Friday... forgot what that feels like until now.. ouch

You make it sound like it's the most depressing thing ever to be single. Pathetic. I love being single.

Woah.. sits back for the show!

Btw, I have to agree with him.. I'd love to be single now! Not to date.. but to be me.. no one telling me what to do, wear, when to be home, who to chill with.

I miss me.

You've been dating the wrong guys.

Myself single 2 and half years, agreed with everyone its not bad, I've enjoyed the "me" time and the odd date. Decided to stay single until, like just_silk, I find someone who I enjoy spending time with as much as I enjoy my free time. Possible introvert but I'd rather be single than with someone who is not the same type of person as I am

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    The first 15 years of my life.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I miss me.

I'm not single and I still get to enjoy not being told what to do, etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I was married for 16 years, and my divorce was just finalized on February 3rd. I can say that while I was technically not single, all that time being married to the wrong person was the longest and loneliest, not to mention the most frustrating, of my life, and I felt very single and alone.

almost 20 here and feel every word of that ;)

dated 2 guys (each for about 2 months) and they both ghosted me.

I am truly sorry. my best friend is a guy that ive known since high school, and HE does that *kitten* and i *kitten* at him EVERY TIME. its just not fair to the other person. you want to break up, fine, say ' hey its over' - dont be an *kitten* about it. and to be honest, he tries to do it with me sometimes, but after 25 years of being friends, i dont let that *kitten* fly ;)
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Makes no difference . Someone else will not make you happy if you are not happy to begin with. Keep dating until you find a great person. If it takes 5 , 10 , 15 years etc to find that person so be it. When 2 happy great people come together and grow and become more together , that is what it is all about . Don't just settle for the first warm body that comes your way and enter a relationship you know deep down you should not be in. True love is out there you just have to find it no matter how long it takes. The more good choices you make the better your life will be.
  • Rochellenoone12
    Rochellenoone12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sometimes those ppl who are in those loving pictures posted are hiding alot for the camera..no1 relationship is perfect..and sometimes you can be jst as lonely in 1