Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Y'all need better treats...

oreo-cereal.jpg

:sick: I have real sensory issues with crumbs floating in milk.

That it's the only way to drink it? :smiley:

Creamy phlegm producing milk with soggy chunks. Mm mm good. :noway:
  • dfarina33
    dfarina33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take a couple frozen bananas, with a little almond milk and put it in my vitamix. (you need a really strong blender for this) 30 seconds later, pure banana ice cream. Best thing I make. If you want it to taste more like real ice cream, a splash of half and half will work and won't kill you in the calorie department. A little peanut butter works too for variety. Eat it just about every night, haven't gone back to real ice cream in months.

Tip for the frozen bananas. Peal and put on a cookie sheet, and place in freezer, once frozen you can transfer to a freezer bag. I go to costco and buy 6 or 7 dozen at a time as we go through them really fast.

Try it on your family, bet they won't even be able to tell it is not real ice cream.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a square of dark chocolate for dessert (real dark chocolate, at 72%). It's just sweet enough that it hits my sweet tooth, but it isn't something I feel the desire to binge on and overeat, like milk chocolate. It's a really nice way to end my day.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes have a square of dark chocolate as a treat for the day.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

oreo-cereal.jpg

Now you are reminding me of Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy: I'd like some tea please. You want a cup of boiled leaves? Yes, with a little milk. Squirted from a cow?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

oreo-cereal.jpg
    I feel bad saying this considering how many people seem to go gaga over them, but I think oreos are one of the most disgusting sweet biscuits I've ever tasted. I don't understand the obsession with them. But, horses for courses and all that.

I try to work something in whenever I feel like I want it. One day it could be icecream and berries, the next, a matcha latte or some chips. I don't plan to work it in every day because I don't want it to feel like a treat, not just a standard part of my day, but I make sure that if I want it, I make room for it.

That's OK, I think matcha is disgusting as all get out. It tastes like dusty grass smells.

Tell you what, I'll take your share of Oreos, and you can have my share of matcha and matcha-flavored things. Deal?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options

oreo-cereal.jpg

I don't drink real milk anymore but it used to be the only way I could get it down when it wasn't the last bit in the cereal bowl....after dunking like a row of oreos in it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

oreo-cereal.jpg
    I feel bad saying this considering how many people seem to go gaga over them, but I think oreos are one of the most disgusting sweet biscuits I've ever tasted. I don't understand the obsession with them. But, horses for courses and all that.

I try to work something in whenever I feel like I want it. One day it could be icecream and berries, the next, a matcha latte or some chips. I don't plan to work it in every day because I don't want it to feel like a treat, not just a standard part of my day, but I make sure that if I want it, I make room for it.

That's OK, I think matcha is disgusting as all get out. It tastes like dusty grass smells.

Tell you what, I'll take your share of Oreos, and you can have my share of matcha and matcha-flavored things. Deal?

If we are giving away stuff I'm all for giving up my share of cilantro!
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Think Mints. 4 cookies 160 calories, budgeted into my day

You have just given me hope.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Low fat Cool Whip with a bunch of mixed berries (usually frozen), so everything is cold and "crunchy".
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I guess I have a lot of treats everyday. I have popcorn (that I pop and season, a fudge brownie fiber one bar, and whatever my dessert is for that night. Sometimes i have an Enlightened caramel bar, sometimes I have a fun size bag of jelly bellys, last night I had an apple pie from McDonalds, which I have not had in months. As I have learned on here and from the scale, as long as it in my calorie allotment I don't trip about it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small baby size candy bar(dark chocolate) or weight watchers ice cream bar- or skinny cow bar- something between 100-150 cal.(but I plan them in my day).
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Jaffa cake
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love flavored fizzy waters and have one with lunch every day at work, but those might not count. For a calorie splurge I like fancy juice and super dark chocolate.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories left for it, I like a smoothie: couple of scoops protein powder, water and a couple ice cubes, a cup of frozen berries or a frozen banana, a quarter cup ricotta cheese, stevia to taste. Sometimes cocoa or a little cinnamon. Frozen cherries and cocoa make a nice chocolate cherry shake. So thick you almost have to eat it with a spoon.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm a multiple treats a day kinda girl. It keeps me (somewhat) sane...never mind.

Those oreos in milk up-thread made me drool a little. I need to get some mini oreos!
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

oreo-cereal.jpg

I'm with you on this! Any kind of biscuit dunking is uncivilised!!! Heathens lol!
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Frango dark chocolates a little while after dinner. A serving is listed as four pieces, but I don't think I've ever wanted more than two.
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that this thread lasted so long because of oreos lol :wink:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    briohne128 wrote: »
    I love the fact that this thread lasted so long because of oreos lol :wink:

Oreos are the nectar of life.