Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

coffee instead of soda?

2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Diet soda, black coffee (or count the milk) and give yourself a break ...you should be resting and recovering not worrying about weight which has plenty time to come off

I would imagine a breakfast based on protein and carbs would help more ...try scrambled egg with ham and veg on toast or similar rather than a low fat yogurt and piece of fruit
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    drink what you want as long as it fits.

and you just had a baby.

relax.

i drink at least one diet soda a day.and coffee.

the coffee is what keeps me from killing people, though.
  • TashaaaKayeee
    TashaaaKayeee Posts: 114 Member
    I can't cut off coffee but I did cut off the cream. I use Silk Almond creamer. Less calories, no dairy, gluten free, only 3 sugars. Different flavors as well. Vanilla, hazelnut & caramel. :) it's delicious. & usually just drink coffee on my days off which is two days a week. I used to drink it all day everyday.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I drink coffee and sweeten it with stevia. Most of the artificial sweeteners have health risks and stevia does not. It is not "sugary" and took a bit of getting used to but I like it now.
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    I can't relax Lol. I wish I could. I just can't sit and not do anything. I find something to clean every day. And I'm stuck in the house because I got into a car accident a week after I had the baby so I can't drive my car. I'm just used to not being home all day everyday.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited February 2016
    I drank a 20oz RedBull everyday for 10 years, 2-3 cups of coffee a day, and about 3 sweet teas and 3 Pepsi's. I was the textbook case of caffeine/sugar addiction. I work a very physically demanding job on my feet 50 hours a week. I felt like I HAD to have it. About a month and a half ago I said, "No more!" I had headaches for about two weeks. Now I'm fine and just crave water when I wake up. I'm actually amazed I could do it. You could too.

But there's really no reason to unless you just wanted to like I did. I think coffee is actually good for you as long as you don't add tons of cream and sugar. I'll still have a cup of coffee here and there but the dependence is gone.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    AspenDan wrote: »
    I've lost 85lbs, and quitting soda cold turkey was HUGE!! I never ate a lot, but I drank 300-800 calories a day in soda..I switched to MIO, which is a 0 calorie sweetened water additive, but then as winter came to Colorado, I switched to coffee with splenda..still basically 0 calories, but warm and very addicting! I loooove coffee now and am very happy to be done with soda's =)

I quit soda cold turkey too, about two years age. Oh the headaches! I'm happy just drinking water most of the time but in the winter I like unsweetened Almond milk with a teaspoon on honey in it. I don't like coffee or tea, except the occasional fruit tea
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    I used to drink up to a 2liter a day of Pepsi. I gave it up on February 1st. I drink coffee a couple times a day and I feel this is a better choice for me because I can control how much sugar I put in my coffee. I can't control how much sugar is in Pepsi. Personally, I believe coffee is better for me then all the Pepsi.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I drink coffee and sweeten it with stevia. Most of the artificial sweeteners have health risks and stevia does not. It is not "sugary" and took a bit of getting used to but I like it now.

I use stevia too, have been for 15 years now. I did have to acquire a taste to it, but now I can't stand sugar. Coffee is your better choice, however, a soda in moderation is fine.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    AspenDan wrote: »
    I've lost 85lbs, and quitting soda cold turkey was HUGE!! I never ate a lot, but I drank 300-800 calories a day in soda..I switched to MIO, which is a 0 calorie sweetened water additive, but then as winter came to Colorado, I switched to coffee with splenda..still basically 0 calories, but warm and very addicting! I loooove coffee now and am very happy to be done with soda's =)

Congratulations! That is awesome! I am trying to give up soda. I haven't had one since February 1st. I'm not seeing much weight loss yet, but hoping it's because my body is trying to adjust from not having anymore soda.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    To reduce the calorie counts, you could try switching to coffee, and then gradually reduce the amount of cream/sugar you put into it. Many years ago, I had to drink my coffee with 3 packets of sugar in it. As far as I was concerned, coffee was meant to be super sweet. Then I decided to try to cut cals where I could and gradually reduced it. First down to 2 packets a cup, then 1 packet a cup, and then eventually I started drinking it completely black. The handful of times a year I get an iced coffee from a donut shop or something it is rather amazing to have all that sugar....but by and large, I enjoy my coffee black and have no temptation to add sugar/cream. I'd sooner save the sugar for a pastry/cake! Plus, black coffee tastes pretty good! It's been a nice bonus in my new MFP life.

I have a coffee 1x a week or so (free at my work). I have found for me, coffee makes me jittery/hungrier/more likely to snack unnecessarily. But then, I've never allowed myself to get hooked on caffeine and actually don't like the mild jitters I get from caffeine. I drink coffee occasionally because I enjoy the taste.