Need Urgent Advice Please!

Options
124»

Replies

• PrincessxSoph
    PrincessxSoph Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to reply was working, I log everything correctly I make sure I do I always double check, I always adjust my weight setting, and I never eat the full 1200 cals I always just eat over 1000 first week was going brilliant 9lbs lost but now I'm back up and it works out I've only lost 6lbs... I always walk the dog for 20 mins before and after work and I never eat passed 8pm
  • PrincessxSoph
    Options
    I've only eatin 700 calories today because I feel so bloated today i physically cannot I've just added something random today just so I could post my diary
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    you didn't lose 9lbs of fat in a week. that would equate to a 31,500 calorie deficit. I hear people talk about water weight being lost. first week or 2 can be misleading. Consider it the honeymoon :expressionless: again, you comment that you never eat past 8pm. Just have to reinforce that the time you eat has no bearing on your weight loss.

how long have you been doing this? and how long to lose the 6lbs? if you aren't gaining and losing, your moving in the right direction. confused about your frustration i guess.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You've been on MFP for less than 2 weeks. That's too short a time to see any sort of trend. Some weeks (especially when we first change our eating patterns) we see a big loss, other weeks we see no loss at all or even a slight gain. It's normal to have a 5-pound difference between even a morning to morning high and low (I weigh myself every day and currently see anything from 141 to 146, so I call it about 143, but it's the overall trend going down that I look for). You need to give it more time.

I'm also really concerned that you are eating under 1200 calories on a regular basis. How are you ensuring that you get enough protein to maintain muscle mass, enough fat to maintain essential body functions (notably hormone balance and absorption of the fat-soluble vitamins), and all the micronutrients your body needs? I am very short and much older than you, and still lose on 1600 or more calories a day. There is no reason to be under 1200.

Finally, you mention you feel bloated. That tells me that the recent 1 or 2 pound gain is most likely water retention. It could be from AF coming to visit, ovulation, something you ate (especially a higher sodium meal), or muscle response to a new exercise.

Don't go to extremes in an effort to shift the weight quickly. It will probably take some time (I don't know how much you have to lose, so I can't give you anything specific on appropriate goals or timeframe). Keep weighing and logging everything you eat, and make sure you are meeting your macro and micronutrient needs. Give it at least a full, consistent month. After that, if things still aren't working, we (the knowledgable folks here in general) can look at your diary and exercise and see if we can identify anything that can be tweaked. But right now, other than the super low calories concern, it's too soon to see if what you're doing is even working.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I've only eatin 700 calories today because I feel so bloated today i physically cannot I've just added something random today just so I could post my diary

OP, are you using a food scale? It is very easy to underestimate what you are eating if you are using cups, or eyeballing portions.

If you are legit eating 700-1000 cals a day and are too full and bloated to eat anything else, you need to see a doctor.

Again, if you lost 9 lbs the first week, it WAS NOT fat, it was water weight, which comes and goes. You should be expecting to lose 1-2 lbs per week. You have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks, which is 3 lbs per week, which is still more than you should be expecting.

Weight loss is a LONG TERM situation. Progress is measured in months, not weeks. You need to get your head around that or you are going to struggle.
  • PrincessxSoph
    Options
    Well with the 9lb lose according to scales at the gym I'm happy with that weather its water weight or fat, but I see a difference in myself with that 9lb gone even my family has and I can for into the jeans I couldn't before, my personal trainer even said he can see a difference
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Well with the 9lb lose according to scales at the gym I'm happy with that weather its water weight or fat, but I see a difference in myself with that 9lb gone even my family has and I can for into the jeans I couldn't before, my personal trainer even said he can see a difference

9 lbs is significant and you should be happy with it. Extra weight is extra stress on your body whether that weight is water, fat or a combination of things.
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you work at a computer like I do, you probably don't move a lot. I started to walk instead of taking the bus(or get off a few stops earlier), walk around the block at lunch time, there is also plenty of small exercise you can do from your desk. (Youtube it, plenty of ideas).
    Try to have snacks at work (i have protein bars, protein shakes, almonds, etc., that help me if I have a craving and that I have forgotten to pack snacks). Drink PLENTY of water, try to have breakfast and whatever you do, don't go under 1200 cal a day.