Most OVERRATED Fruits!

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all fruit has its own good qualities.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    What makes a fruit overrated?

Shhhhhhh....don't upset the papayas.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Bananas! They only have about a day when they're not too woody and not too sweet, and then they get claggy and yuck. Also high calorie for a fruit.

A lot of fruit seems to be variable. It's one thing that irritates me about it. Watery, tasteless apples, hard pears, dry, chewy citrus, non-ripening peaches, mouldy strawberries ... Vegetables are usually much more ... predictable.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    can't stand wax covered red delicious apples. wouldn't eat them when i was a kid or now.
    too much wax and the skin tastes bitter.

i prefer frozen blue berries to raw ones.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    In regard to the blueberries, I didn't like them either until I bought the organic type. The organic blueberries are much richer and sweeter in flavor than the normal variety and are worth the extra money believe it or not. Otherwise I agree, especially about the apples. Bleck!
  • JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Raspberrys, watermelon, melons in general, kiwi...YUCK!!! I despise them, even the flavour of them in other things...
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    That's a weird post. :huh:
  • cmeranda79
    cmeranda79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Most overrated: strawberries. The seeds bug me!
    Most underrated: mangosteen. In Thailand we pigged out on it (as much as you can with a fruit which has to be eaten delicately with a spoon ;) ) and they are DELICIOUS! Probably terrible for you sugar-wise, as they're super tropical. But who wouldn't love a bright purple shell with an albino pumpkin looking thing inside?
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Kiwi. Smug little *kitten*.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    We used to have wild black berries growning on the hill behind our house. We would go and get them by the bucket full. SO GOOOOD.

I agree. We had them too and they are so much better then anything I've ever bought at a grocery.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm actually eating blueberries right now! :)

Think the only fruit I dislike is grapefruit. Other than that, I love my fruit
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love strawberries and just about any kind of berry. And cherries....I've been craving those like mad lately! We have a strawberry patch in our backyard, and a cherry bush and raspberry bushes, plus three mulberry trees. So it's all fresh during the summer.

But cantaloupe, musk melon, watermelon....melons just don't excite me. It takes an effort for me to eat an apple, too.

I don't like frozen fruit, either. Okay, let me rephrase that...I HATE frozen fruit. Unless it's thawed out, I can't stand it. It hurts my teeth, and it tastes like nothing.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Your mom
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat fruit do you eat all veggies? If not where do you get your vit and minerals?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No. No. No. Raspberries are delightful, and I will not stand here whilst you disparage them.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Kiwi. Smug little *kitten*.

:flowerforyou:

I eat them with the skin on. I like them better that way.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Ew I hate cantaloupe!!

Cherries are overrated.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite fruit is grapes - after they've been turned into wine :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat fruit do you eat all veggies? If not where do you get your vit and minerals?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1m9ne7ainFAiUhUSFU_pgQIX5XbEmPldluRq7f5qYBSaMRDw7bw
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    avocado
    grapefruit
    canteloupe