Clean eating?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas on using myfitnesspal with clean eating. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How do you define clean eating?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The group above is a good idea. There are a lot of different definitions of clean eating depending on your school of thought. Because of that you're bound to find some conflicting information and other weird things around.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    The group above is a good idea. There are a lot of different definitions of clean eating depending on your school of thought. Because of that you're bound to find some conflicting information and other weird things around.

Yup.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    You'd pretty much use it the same as anyone else, unless your version of "clean eating" means you don't track calories. Eating a healthful diet is important to me (and many others at MFP, of course), and I use the tracking tool to be able to be mindful about what I am eating and see what I'm including in my diet over time, as well as to count calories (for example, I can see if I'm getting enough vegetables or a good variety, how much protein and fiber I get, etc.).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Weigh it, eat it, log it. Simple.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Frozen Veggies are cleaner than fresh ones..
  • dublingoblin
    dublingoblin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat healthy like lots of veggies, fruit, lean meats and the like.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat healthy like lots of veggies, fruit, lean meats and the like.

Great plan to try to get more nutrient dense food into your diet. There are also a lot of "processed" foods that are very healthy like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, etc, which is why people were asking what your definition of clean is and if there are certain foods you are trying to cut out. Many people find success on MFP with a balance of mostly nutrient dense foods and still leave room for "treats".

Regardless of your approach, logging your food as accurately and consistently as possible, ideally with a food scale, is one of the best ways to use this tool for optimal success.