Is your house Haunted?

Options
Superdave24
Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
Has anyone ever encountered and Entity in their home or anywhere else?

Here's what happened to me:

We moved around a lot when I was a kid, about every 2-3 years. In 1980 we had moved to a suburb of Detroit. We didn't know until after we already had moved and were living somewhere else but evidently a teenage boy had killed himself in the basement. Over the years weird things happened in that house that were unexplainable. One of my brothers had several contacts with this entity but couldn't say anything because it had threatened him that if he said anything he would hurt the family. It makes my skin on the back of my neck rise just thinking about it.

What's your story?

Replies

• BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Yeah strange things happen in my apartment all the time: tears in the carpet, random objects moved from the counters and onto the floor, strange hairs on the couch. I sometimes think something is up with my apartment and then I remember that I have cats.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yeah strange things happen in my apartment all the time: tears in the carpet, random objects moved from the counters and onto the floor, strange hairs on the couch. I sometimes think something is up with my apartment and then I remember that I have cats.

Pfffffft! :laugh:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No but my brother and sister-in-law's house is haunted.

For real.

The first time I stepped in there my first thought was "Huh. Wonder if this place is haunted" because of the weird vibe I got from it. My vibe was confirmed when they took two pictures of the house and in the upper window you can clearly see in one picture: a woman in a high collard, long sleeve dress looking out the window. In the other picture a guy wearing overalls with one strap down (it turned out that they were the people who lived there a LONG time ago).

Not only that but they have had experiences. My sister-in-law was home alone, went upstairs to take a nap and was awakened when "someone" sat on the edge of the bed. Their kids have had experiences too. She also said that shoes tend to go missing for a few days as well. She said that there are certain times of the year when there is more activity, one of them being around the time when her husbands father (my father-in-law) died. (mind you he never lived in this house). The thing about the house though is that it was on the market for a long time and everyone referred to it as the "haunted house on the hill".

I'll be honest.

If I had a ghost haunting my house and they were screwing with me by hiding stuff and thinking it's funny I"d be mad. I mean if you have enough time on your hands to hide my shoes then you can pick up the vacuum and the mop and do something productive!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc0cudcd2R1rcaa66o1_500.gif
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    cat-lick-o.gif

Licking kitteh gif always applies.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    2541777-creepy_bed.gif
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mc0cudcd2R1rcaa66o1_500.gif

bah that friggin scared me when I first saw it in the movies
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    2541777-creepy_bed.gif

More scary gifs!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    No, but apparently all of Hawaii is super haunted. We went to an old lele and I felt like I had a whole bunch of static on me the whole time. Very creepy.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This threads so intresting to read! i want more stories!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Two homes I have lived in had ghosts.

One had a little girl who would love to giggle and bounce a ball and run up and down the attic stairs.
    She had been the daughter of the original owner of the 150 yr old home I lived in. She had died
    in a sledding accident down the hill behind the house when she was 6 yrs old

The house I live in now is brand new but it is build on a revolutionary war battle ground.
    On my first night in the house a soldier in blue/grey uniform with big buttons, sword, tails, stood in the room
    I could see him as clear as anything. He has only been back one other time.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mother thought our house had ghosts in it. She went to the library and searched through the archives and found out about everything that had ever happened at the home, and the names of the people. And she determined the ghosts were haunting the home. Lol.

And it doesn't surprise me. The town I am from is known only for a very very dark history. And I think a lot of people there think about ghosts.

My mother also used to take us for picnics at the cemetery.

Anyway, so much actual, real-life, bad stuff happened to me when I lived there, in that supposedly haunted home, that I can't even go in the home without breaking down crying, and family members that lived there needed to move because it was too painful to continue living there, People that know me can't drive past the home without thinking about it.

I don't believe in ghosts. Just the ghosts of our memories that can haunt us. I moved away. Too many bad memories in that town for me.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    As a kid we lived in a house in northern Utah that was built in 1889. We had a fairly active ghost that we called "Frank". Just a sampling of the pranks he used to pull:

1) Change the TV channel, and this was on an old dial type TV so there was no remote control to accidentally activate.
    2) Open and close doors upstairs while everyone was downstairs.
    3) Open the front door in the middle of the night. This was a 4ft wide, 8ft tall solid oak door and it would be fully open with the deadbolt sticking out in the locked position
    4) Open all of the cabinet doors and drawers in the kitchen. Kind of like "A Sixth Sense"
    Kitchen+cabinets+Sixth+Sense+004.jpg
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I live in a very old (constructed in the mid-1800s) house set downtown. I wouldn't say it's haunted, but I've had a few strange encounters.

Once I clearly heard someone slip and fall in an upstairs bedroom but when I went to see if he/she was okay (assuming it was a family member), I found no one in there; the windows were all locked, the closet was empty, and the fireplace was untouched. Another time I had come home and thought my father was upstairs doing renovations in the aforementioned bedroom because I saw his car parked outside my house. I was sitting in the room below this room and heard footsteps clear as day pacing to and from the door and window. It wasn't until he came in through the back door 30 minutes later and told me he was with a neighbor and hadn't been home for a few hours that I got especially spooked.
  • BiblioTrecho
    BiblioTrecho Posts: 26 Member
    Options

^^This times infinity.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    As a kid we lived in a house in northern Utah that was built in 1889. We had a fairly active ghost that we called "Frank". Just a sampling of the pranks he used to pull:

1) Change the TV channel, and this was on an old dial type TV so there was no remote control to accidentally activate.
    2) Open and close doors upstairs while everyone was downstairs.
    3) Open the front door in the middle of the night. This was a 4ft wide, 8ft tall solid oak door and it would be fully open with the deadbolt sticking out in the locked position
    4) Open all of the cabinet doors and drawers in the kitchen. Kind of like "A Sixth Sense"
    Kitchen+cabinets+Sixth+Sense+004.jpg

i don't believe in ghosts, but if i came down in the morning to find my kitchen cabinet doors open like that and i knew there was nobody who had access to the house who could have done it as a prank, i am not sure i could spend another night there.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I think so. I just posted a blog about this recently. Good thing I'm moving next week. I just hope it doesn't follow me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No.