Killing My Binge Eating Monster

Options
2»

Replies

• jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I noticed you said you stopped tracking obsessively. Do you think there is a correlation between tracking calories and binge episodes? I notice when I'm NOT tracking calories I tend to not go all out into binges. Thanks for this post.

I agree with your point of view. However, I would tweak it and say something more like. The more restrictive and obsessive we are in regards to our intake the more often binges tend to occur. For example, if you say no to oreos everyday, for weeks and months when offered. That one time you break down and have one, all those cravings come out at once.

You may have noticed this, because when this happened I was like F*** it I am eating them all, calories, macros, carbs do not matter. This does much more damage than eating 1 - 4 everyday. Its finding a balance between achieving goals and moderation.

Life is too short to deny yourself pleasure every once and a while.

• jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I occasionally still binge but mostly under control now. How I managed to not put on weight and stay slim is a miracle! I must have ate bad for 2 years!

Hey let me know if I can help you in some way:)

Also, you said something that caught my eye... there is no such thing as good food, bad food. Placing labels on food, leads us to ban them from our intake. We say, “No, No, No, No, No…” We push for the perfect diet, once we eat this food that does not fall into this neat diet box; we throw our hands up, saying we failed so now is the time to eat everything we can. This leads to punishment. Which leads to more restrictions. This is the vicious cycle we as binge eaters face. I used to believe it myself, that there was clean food and bad food. It simply is this manifested idea. If you ask a vegan, he/she will say animal based foods are not clean. Someone who is a vegetarian will disagree, and say it is just animal products that are not clean. Then a paleo guy runs in screaming about how meat is clean, but grains aren’t. So someone has to be right? They are all wrong. Instead, adopt my grandmother’s wise old adage of “everything in moderation" better called IIFYM:))
  • kayluvv
    kayluvv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Great to see that its possible to stop the cycle. Been struggling for many many years, and it really does take a toll on every aspect of your life. This gives me some hope that I can beat this too. Thanks again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!