show me before & afters from just counting calories.

Options
show me before & afters from just counting calories. no crazy amounts of exercise. no weird fad diets. just MFP logging.

i need inspiration.

Replies

• angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :(
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Aw - feel bad no one replied to your post, but I have seen/know lots of people who did just Calorie counting and had it work for them. It worked for me when I was in my early 20's but regrettably I have no digital images to share. I lost 40lbs doing 1,000 calories a day, which now that I am older realize it was perhaps a bit too low. I went from a size 16 to a 7/8 and really just logged everything I ate (but back then it was manually before the internet - dating myself!). I carried around a paper list of the foods I commonly ate as a reference and checked everything BEFORE I ate it and stuck with my 1,000 a day. I lost roughly 10 lbs a month and with just a couple of small hiccups, had it off in about 4.5 months. Kept it off while I minded staying below 2,000, for about a year. I then stopped counting and guess what....I am now 100 up and much older. Not being mindful and then finally eating with abandon will do that. CICO will work for me now, but much slower. I joined MFP and logged EVERYTHING while still eating with abandon for a few months until I was ready to be 'mindful'. It was shocking how much I was consuming. Had a couple South Beach 'no starters' and now have just started eating clean - no processed foods and it's working, without logging. My cravings dropped off after 3 days of eating clean. It's still early but I am astonished at how 'not hungry' I am and how much I am enjoying cooking now with all the fresh stuff. I have a friend doing the same and both of us are doing a mild amount of exercise and we are both losing steadily now. You can do this angelamichelle_xo!!
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    eringurl33 wrote: »
    There you go. Two photos around my highest and two around 70 pounds lost. I'm 5'10 and currently 286, so a ways to go yet. My highest known weight was 347. I also have never done any sort of exercise but when I moved to Europe I started walking more because it's just the culture here.

Good luck!

1vixpfpiirqr.jpeg
    t9ctuarwi8h0.jpeg

WOW!!!!!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!
    You're such an inspiration!!!! :)
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    thanks guys! n good job!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have before and after pictures yet....but I lost 16lb counting calories and walking on my lunch breaks. I've had a ton of set backs....days where I binge and days/weeks where I don't log....but I have not given up and I'm holding on to my 16lb loss. sw 184... cw 168
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I lost 25kg counting calories with very little, low intensity workout (mostly swimming, walking).
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    18.3 lbs down and counting. I pretty much walk a couple nights a week and just log my food here. I make sure I weigh all my portions and try to not eat out so much.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I lost around 12 to 16kg in 2003 without counting calories and without exercising like crazy.
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Hang with it. I have been on and off this site a bunch of times. counting calories does work and this site makes it easy. 40lbs down so far with 60 more to go. Simple things like park as far away from the building at work but mainly just going with 1 - 1.5lbs/week and recording everything. It's definately a mental test.
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I guess I should've taken pictures. Ah well. Calorie counted. Ate whatever. Went from 215 something to 158 lbs. I'm old too - 43 now. I exercised 30-40 minutes 5 times a week (around 400 cals burned each workout). Have kept weight off now for over two years. Still counting calories, still exercising.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    gmke44hccbu3.jpg

That's 161lbs lost just by calorie counting with a lot of walking!!!

I would kill for your toned arms! You look amazing!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bumping this to post in later :)
  • angelamichelle_xo
    Options
    omg all you sexy ladies!!! good job!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!