Anyone has thyroid and lost?

Options
babybellyfat
babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
Hi all I have thyroid problems but I'm also short 4,8 any success story's? Need helpful tip to loose my muffin top!!

Replies

• babybellyfat
    Options
    What do u eat when u are craving, workouts etc ?
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Are you taking meds?
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Yes I am sythroid
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    All my life I've been struggling with the his muffin top!! Also hungry.
  • stevephi01
    stevephi01 Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm on thyroid medication and am losing some weight, took a while for things to get going but it been dropping lately.

I see you also suffer from osteoporosis - you taking thyroid meds and Calcium? If so you not taking them at the same time are you?

When I started logging here I had an issue with craving but a little tweeking of my foods and haven't had recently. My workout is on an indoor rower.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    stevephi01 wrote: »
    I'm on thyroid medication and am losing some weight, took a while for things to get going but it been dropping lately.

I see you also suffer from osteoporosis - you taking thyroid meds and Calcium? If so you not taking them at the same time are you?

When I started logging here I had an issue with craving but a little tweeking of my foods and haven't had recently. My workout is on an indoor rower.

Ya I do! I'm a tiny think with tons of problems. No I don't I mostly take my calcium pill at night!!
    And in the morning my sythroid

Morning I take styroid, vitb12 and vit d

Night calcium

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I take synthroid and cytomel. I'm also on other meds that make my weight loss slow going but I do my best and exercise as much as possible. I've lost 15 pounds in7 months and 20 inches across my body slow but steady. It can be done.
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I take 75mg of synthroid and YES it is a struggle losing weight. I've lost 15 pounds since November but it certainly SLOW. Just take it a day at a time!
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I am on Synthroid and have been for 37 years. I also had most of my thyroid removed at the age of 16. I have had problems losing weight in the past, but this time around it went really well. I made one change at a time, worked with it a bit, then did another change. I started working out slowly, and cut down portion sizes. It moves slowly, but it can be done , in most cases!!! Good luck!!!
  • jen_sem
    jen_sem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Keto/LCHF. Lots of success stories from ppl with thyroid issues.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've had an underactive thyroid for 15 years and am on meds for it. I've lost over 70lbs. It can be done. I think it might take a little more work than it would if everything were working normally but that could be just from my perspective. I walked (exercise is important, gets your metabolism going). I stayed at my calorie goal. Most importantly, I learned that, for myself, a calorie is not just a calorie. I've had far better results with calories made up of whole, fresh foods as opposed to the people who can eat their daily calories made up of pizza and carbs. I stay away from preservatives, salt and sugar as much as possible. I tend to eat a lot of the same things because I like them and they work for me...eggs, cheese, whole grain bread, peanut butter, fruit, veggies, hummus, etc. You can do it, it just takes perseverance. Good luck!
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. Was diagnosed with it at age 15, and have been on meds for it ever since (now 40). Sometimes brand name Synthroid, sometimes generic. I've always lost weight by exercising--usually walking daily, and sometimes using light weights for strength. Watching calories, and reducing processed foods. When I reduce refined sugars and flours, my weight comes off even easier. So really, nothing much different than what anyone else does. Exercise, and eat for your health.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I take Synthroid. Diagnosed about a decade ago (I'm 47 now). I have lost over 50 lbs since Sept 1 just by logging everything, staying under my calorie goal every single day, and adding in exercise. There's no magic. Just hard work.
  • ffwife921
    ffwife921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos and Pcos. I just finished a 6 week challenge and lost 20.2lbs. It can be done. I won't lie it was hard. Definitely worth all the sweat and cravings. I still would like to lose another 40-50lbs. Best of luck to you!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    I'm not as petite in stature as you are (I'm 5'5"), and I'm older (60). I've been hypthyroid for 15 years (well controlled with synthroid or generic levothyroxine).

In April 2015, I weighed 183, which is an obese BMI at my height. This morning, I was at 120.8, BMI of 20.1, toward the lower end of normal. I'm working on homing in on my maintenance calorie level at this point.

Strategy? Just Calories In < Calories Out (CICO), persistently and consistently, with only occasional over-goal days, mostly for special occasions.

I've been vegetarian, and a healthy eater generally, for decades. I needed to control portion sizes, and reduce non-nutrient-dense "treats", to get my calories-eaten where they needed to be. Weighing food (at home) and logging meticulously has been a help. Weight loss is a great opportunity to experiment with your eating, to see what's most tasty, satisfying and nutritious for you, and learn how best to eat permanently to stay at a healthy weight.

I've been active for a dozen years or so, but was always easily able to out-eat my exercise. My activity level hasn't changed dramatically, frankly.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes 63lbs and counting for me, hypo for 6 years. It's not been fast but that is my own fault for being inconsistent at times but I can lose 1.5lbs to 2.2 lbs a week if I am consistent.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not taking anything else with your thyroid med, for at least an hour. (I take mine when the cat's automatic feeder goes off at 6 and then go back to sleep for an hour). That was what was messing me up- I was taking it with my allergy pill first thing in the morning, and my numbers just kept dropping. Moved my allergy pill to 'after breakfast' and my numbers started climbing again.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Make sure you're not taking anything else with your thyroid med, for at least an hour. (I take mine when the cat's automatic feeder goes off at 6 and then go back to sleep for an hour). That was what was messing me up- I was taking it with my allergy pill first thing in the morning, and my numbers just kept dropping. Moved my allergy pill to 'after breakfast' and my numbers started climbing again.

So u think when I wake up at 5am to take my dogs out I should take it?? Then around 8am when I get up I take the rest? Is better?
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I'm also vegetarian and he problem I like to dig after carbs like pasta, potatos , fries etc
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Been hypothyroid since I was 17/18, so about six years. Ive always been very stable on my levothyroxine/synthroid so half the time I take it with coffee or a small snack in the morning. Technically youre supposed to take it on an empty stomach and wait an hour.
    In 30 days I've lost 14.5 pounds. I'm 5'2"ish started at 184 lbs.
    Part of my weight gain was because we fried everything, and potatoes were a staple. What helped those cravings were just NOT buying those foods. No potatoes in the house in over a month. You can eat them if you fit it into your calories, but us short people have a lot less to work with.
    My biggest saving grace has been drinking tea whenever im hungry or bored, so I don't snack. (I've got about 20 flavors in my cabinet).
    I log as im getting food out to eat. So conscious thought like, "well if I eat this I can only eat x amount later and ill still be hungry" aalso helps me avoid certain foods.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!