What's for lunch today?

Just curious what everyone's having for lunch? New lunch ideas are always welcome! Today I had a spinach salad with roast turkey, strawberries, blueberries and poppyseed dressing. I also had a cup of homemade broccoli soup!

Replies

• caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I made 2 packages tofu shirataki noodles with a few laughing cow lite swiss wedges, nutritional yeast and salt and cayenne pepper (not my recipe). I still have plenty of lunch calories if I get hungry again after all that so I'll either have some meat as a second lunch or I'll have a bigger dinner.
  • AMoore33
    AMoore33 Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2016
    Chicken poached in broth, rice cooked with the leftover broth, and cottage cheese!

Edit: Made ahead of time for the week!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Jalapeno Popper Soup from my freezer stash.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Bagel dressed crab cucumber green tea and a plum
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Corn tortillas with chicken, red and green pepper, sweet yellow onion and salsa. So good.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Boar's Head low sodium rare roast beef on flat bread with tomatoes/pickles/mayo/mustard, a few crackers, light red velvet yogurt and a lemon plum.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    refried black beans with trader joe's corn salsa; quinoa w/peas, carrots; avocado

same thing everyday p.much
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    For health reasons (as in, this is not a weight loss strategy), I prefer a bigger lunch and lighter dinner, so I had a big plate of leftover fresh pasta, mushrooms, and leftover braised leg of lamb. Yum!

My light meal tonight will be a little polenta cooked in chicken broth, a cut-up lower-calorie chicken sausage, and lots of veggies.

@amyrebeccah Oo, what is this lower calorie chicken sausage you speak of? I'm craving them, but the calorie and sodium counts are making me crazy!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Homemade turkey noodle soup with red pepper hummus and Stacey's pita chips :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    sandwhich today. nothing fancy..
    tomorrow will be a chicken or shrimp salad.
    Next day I think a vega shake

No wow factor in my lunches haha.

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    I brought a can of soup, but after picking out all of the questionable meat like products, there wasn't much left. I don't think Campbell's Jazzy Jambalaya is for me. Now I'm going cubicle to cubicle to find whoever has the citrus fruit I smell.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Grilled chicken, braised red cabbage, apples, and onions; 1/2 avocado, and black grapes.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Seasoned chicken, spinach, and feta in half a pita and strawberries on the side.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic over a serving of Suddenly Salads Southwest Grains, with 2 tablespoons of bbq sauce just to add some more flavor.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    A can of progresso light cheesy chicken enchilada soup with 70g of chicken and 155g of cauliflower rice mix (50/50 riced cauliflower and white rice) mixed in
  • badcompany_78
    badcompany_78 Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 2016
    sprouted gran slice of bread with tuna (singel serve) and a little bit of mayo. ans 1/2 serving of unsalted pretzels..
    sits around 250 calories.. and lots of water! :)
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    tomorrow im thinking turkey burger....
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    3 oz of pork loin and 1/2 cup of mashed red potatoes
  • Martinatk
    Martinatk Posts: 8 Member
    I made salad in a jar with some chicken that I cooked in the crockpot yesterday.