Making food for myself and meals for my family...

Options
2»

Replies

• casscamp
    casscamp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice! I am mostly prepping for ahead of time like some have recommended.
  • dietenv
    dietenv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't your husband just cook for him and your son and you cook for yourself?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    We all eat the same thing for dinner. My husband and kids eat what I make. If my husband cooks, we all eat what he makes. I just fit whatever we're having for dinner into my goals, which generally means eating less than I did before.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm making a leap of faith here and assuming 'clean' just means wholesome and relatively unprocessed to you, and you are not participating in some kind of Gwyneth Paltrowesque elimination of all the foods. So if I'm correct in my assumption, I would not go out of my way to provide special snowflake food for an able bodied man and two children. Offer a special side they love maybe, which you might want to eschew, but not two entirely different meals. Unless you utterly enjoy undervaluing your labor in this family!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Definitely not making 2 meals in my home. But I will do things like make actual pasta for my son and spaghetti squash for myself if we're eating a pasta dish.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Agree with several of the above- I would not ever make two separate meals. Tonight it's salmon, broccolini and rice- Depending on how many calories I have left, I will fill up with rice.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been making separate meals for myself just because to stay in my calories I'd have to have a tiny portion which just makes me sad.

Tonight I made sweet and sour meatballs over rice for the family and I made myself a quick salad with tuna as my protein. Sometimes I'll heat up some leftover rice (which we always seem to have) and broil a piece of fish along with a quick veg. If the meal I'm making for the family can fit in my calories I'll definitely eat it!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Let them make their own meals. Why should you?