What time do you exercise?

Options
The only time I can get to the gym is when my twin's dad comes home from work. Sometimes that isn't until 10 PM. -sigh- (leaves at 8am) No daycare at the cheap gym I'm at. I can't walk/run around here because it is a bad area. I tried in home videos, but with twins it is impossible to keep them entertained while I workout. They don't nap anymore. Won't play in their room, or watch a movie without "checking" on me every 5 minutes. We are in a town home, so no yard. Plus, not safe area anyway. OMG I hate it here.

Anyway...

What time do you exercise, and does it really make a difference when as long as you are doing it?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I exercise right when I get up and before dinner. Do they take naps? That might be a good time to try and squeeze in a workout. I'm doing Body Revolution right now and they're only 20-30 minutes. Or you could have them try to do the workout with you. They might think it's dancing or something.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I work out early mornings. My alarm goes off at 4:45 and I am out the door by 5am. You wrote that DH leaves at 8am. I would go to the gym early and be home before he leaves. I know for me, that is the only time I can guarantee an uninterrupted workout. Good luck!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Any time I can.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I go after work and before dinner.. so around 630pm.. Then have dinner around 8pm..

How about early in the morning? Before the kids wake up?
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    early in the mornings. during school time for the kids it is 4AM summertime it is more around 5-6AM. I have 5 kids ages 2-8
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I do yoga, pilates, and caliestenics in the morning for 45 minutes to one hour. In the evening I do my cardio - dancing to running to biking to spinning to swimming to gym machines! I don't think it matters, as long as you put in some time!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Mon/Wed/Fri I do my 10K workouts at lunch..sprinting, running, etc

Tues/Thurs evenings and Sat mornings I do my weight training. I usually do some Tabata at lunch on these days as well and then take a walk through the park.
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up late entering reports for my job. Hard to get up really early. I can always try though!
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    Very early (which reminds me, I should get off mfp and go to bed) for a run. Some evenings I lift weights.
  • skylarking036
    Options
    I do a strength training program at 0430 and then am out the door for a run by 5am. It's just too darn humid here to go any later.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into a different gym? We have been members of YMCA for over a year now, and I love it. They also have adjustable rates, according to your income. I am not really into working out at home myself, so that's why I suggest looking into this.
    anywho, I workout in the morning, right after the kids wake-up, we get dressed and eat and off we go, about 9am usually.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I exercise when the time is right with my two year old. Zumba on the Wii is a lifesaver. It's fun, inexpensive and in my living room. :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I usually run in the AM. Look up the daily HIIT online. I will use my 8 year old as weights. He hops on my back and I get going.
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the 4:30 AM shift, my wife gets the 6:00 AM shift.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I UNDERSTAND!!! There's 19 months between my twins and my middle son and boy was it HARD to exercise when they were bitty.

I hope you find something that works. I found adding movement whenever I could.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym either after I finish a night shift or before I come in for one. If you've got a games console theres lots of dance games out there. Get the twins to join in infront of you & get a proper work out yourself behind them. Failing that have a look on youtube for HIT routines - you can fit them in whenever you get a little gap of time during the day.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with the bad area and am so frustrated about that! I get on the exercise bike after my three year old goes to bed. Sometimes on the weekend I can get him to watch TV while I ride for twenty minutes, and sometimes his hand is on my knee while I go, lol. We also do silly dance parties which can be pretty good exercise when he is into it.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    M-F at 6 a.m. and on weekends it's usually in the afternoons.
  • lenkearney
    lenkearney Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5:30 -PM right after work - Gym is in the building - 2-3 times a week and usually a 20-30 mile bike ride on weekends.

Hard with kids. I usually tried to have then do things with me.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    First thing when I get up! I have learned that if I don't get it in first thing in the morning that the kids will keep me so occupied that I don't get to workout later. Sometimes I can get an evening bike ride in with the kids before bed.