Options
124»

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pepsi is horrible now cause Splenda...blech

I wholeheartedly agree!! Why couldn't they have introduced a new line with Splenda (like Diet Coke did) and keep the old formula for the people who liked it?

Oh yea, marketing move. Aspartame is "scary" so they are removing it. herp
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Pepsi is horrible now cause Splenda...blech

I wholeheartedly agree!! Why couldn't they have introduced a new line with Splenda (like Diet Coke did) and keep the old formula for the people who liked it?

Oh yea, marketing move. Aspartame is "scary" so they are removing it. herp

Yes Pepsi lost a couple loyal customers in my household. At least they aren't messing with the formula for Diet Mountain Dew yet. I grew up in a Diet Coke household, converted to Diet Pepsi when I married, then we angrily went back to the Church of Diet Coke.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The only "danger" with diet sodas is that some people consciously or subconsciously eat more after switching to diet from regular soft drinks. It's similar to people who gain weight after starting a workout routine because they rationalize eating more after workouts.

If you're metabolically healthy and you cut down/out sugary drinks to help achieve and maintain a deficit, you'll lose weight. If it works for you, have at it and good luck.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I gave up Pepsi cold turkey 50 weeks ago. Prior to that time I drank a liter or more a day. I have given it up before and relapsed. Diet Pepsi was is problematic, over 1 serving of Spenda, Aspartame or sugar alcohols cause issues with my digestive system. I had a diet Pepsi last September, the next day my cravings for Pepsi were over the top. I have decided if I do not want to deal with the over whelming cravings I can not tell myself it is ok to just have one. I am fine drinking one serving of diet soft drinks other than diet Pepsi without cravings.
  • dertek
    dertek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made the call to quit soda just over 30 days ago and I'm not looking back. I've been carbonating water then adding lemon and lime juice to get my fizz fix, but so far I haven't been tempted to grab the real thing.
  • Renwa82
    Renwa82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cans of diets soda a day. It's a treat that costs me zero calories and keeps me on track with clean eating. As for any studies showing a connection to cancer, those are all corollary at best. Studies have not been able to show a direct link in humans. Mice maybe. Correlation does not equal causation. I call BS.
  • CBMusic4Lyfe
    CBMusic4Lyfe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found that sparkling waters with flavor help me get away from sodas. I would only drink them when I needed to quench the fizzy crave. Other than that I either drank small servings of real (not from concentrate) fruit juices or water with fruit in it. It really helped. Another thing that really is important is plain ole' discipline? How bad do you want to accomplish your health goals? I want to be around here a while, and surely 6 or 7 cokes a day "ain't gonna" help that happen. #Discipline
  • CBMusic4Lyfe
    CBMusic4Lyfe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is what happened when I stopped drinking sodas