Help I've left it too late. How best to lose weight in 4 weeks.x

Options
13»

Replies

• VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hit the gym, and tone up! Drink lots of water, clean up your diet to reduce sodium, and get enough sleep.
  • michaelanow
    michaelanow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed with all the helpful replies. If love to reply separately to each one but it'd take me ages.
    You all speak a lot of sense. I never congratulate myself on where I've got to at the minute and am always waiting until I get to goal to do so.
    I'm going to cut out the cheat day as someone pointed out im eating all my weekly deficit on one day so undoing all my good work. I'm going to log everything and stick to my calories and hope for more of a loss but not get obsessed with 7lb. I have also put my gym classes on the calendar so they're a priority rather than something I'm fitting in around other stuff if I can.

I love the bikini body article that one if you posted so thank you.
    I'm also going to try not to focus on what weight I still feel I need to lose, wear the bikini and have a good holiday.
    I feel motivated after all these replies, not only to stick to my calories but also to enjoy myself despite being a bit rounder at the edges than I'd like to be!
    Thank you all very much.xx
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Have a great month and vacation and do come back to update us.
  • cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed with all the helpful replies. If love to reply separately to each one but it'd take me ages.
    You all speak a lot of sense. I never congratulate myself on where I've got to at the minute and am always waiting until I get to goal to do so.
    I'm going to cut out the cheat day as someone pointed out im eating all my weekly deficit on one day so undoing all my good work. I'm going to log everything and stick to my calories and hope for more of a loss but not get obsessed with 7lb. I have also put my gym classes on the calendar so they're a priority rather than something I'm fitting in around other stuff if I can.

I'm also going to try not to focus on what weight I still feel I need to lose, wear the bikini and have a good holiday.
    I feel motivated after all these replies, not only to stick to my calories but also to enjoy myself despite being a bit rounder at the edges than I'd like to be!

I love love love that! Have a wonderful time on vacation!

If you happen to have time, Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred always makes me feel better in a swimsuit. It's all about being happy with how you feel!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    belfle wrote: »
    look up intermittent fasting. there's a couple of ways they suggest, one is skipping breakfast and lunch being your first meal. or one day fast. if I skip breakfast and have eggs, spinach, piece of fruit at 10, I have fuel for my lunch workout. i'm not usually hungry again until 2.

wait...what? then isn't what you eat at 10 am breakfast, and then 2pm is lunch? That's not intermittent fasting, that's just shifting your eating schedule two hours later, eh?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So you're going to let your whole vacation be ruined by some arbitrary number that you basically made up? Can you see where this is a bit nonsensical?
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Wait a few days on water weight, it makes the ups and downs of the scale at least a kilo more extreme. Now what I think might work? Don't eat at your computer desk/while doing some other kind of procrastination. I think you'll be surprised at the response. The calorie dip should be way easier and keep a water bottle nearby.
    Exercise, eating well is nessersary for health in general. Weight loss/gain has to do with how much you eat.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    So you're going to let your whole vacation be ruined by some arbitrary number that you basically made up? Can you see where this is a bit nonsensical?

This ship has sailed... let it go.

From the OP

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

That's great to hear! I'm sure you'll still look great, and will be much happier and more relaxed. :smile: Enjoy your trip, and just get back on the weight loss trail when you get home (don't worry if you gain a little while you're away)!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I wonder how this is turning out